DC V3 will not import photos (all photos GREYED out)

DaleFranklin

Postby DaleFranklin » March 1st, 2012, 1:44 pm

I purchased DC v3 in 2011 Dec. Yesterday I launched it. It indicated a "new version was available" so i downloaded & applied it. Now I am really starting to use it. I've viewed all the tutorials. Here's my path:

(1) I click the camera icon.
(2) Select the "from folder" option.
(3) Navigate to a folder full of photos (mix of JPG, TIFF, Photoshop, etc)

And all of them are GREYED out so I can't select any photo files.

I thought perhaps the recent "upgrade-download" somehow screwed up the registration so clicking the LICENSE pull-down showed HALF of my license key: the last half shows a series of Xs (xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx) which are locked (I can't change, update, or re-register).

Please advise.

Thanks
-Dale
Nick

Postby Nick » March 2nd, 2012, 4:00 am

Hi Dale,

Can you see "Available in Standard Edition" in the middle of the Source panel (where the grayed out file names are)? Are you using the Standard edition or the one that comes in the Toast package?

If the imported images are grayed out in the Standard edition, please send a screen shot of the left hand panel to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.

In case of the Standard edition, your license code must have been sent you in the purchase confirmation email. If you cannot find one, please ask for it by email: support@belightsoft.com

Nick
DaleFranklin

Postby DaleFranklin » March 2nd, 2012, 4:20 pm

Nick,

Thank you for your response. One of the other administrators answered my direct email. My problem was expecting to download individual FILES. He pointed out that I can only import at the FOLDER level. Once I did that, everything worked.

Again thanks. Please close out this ticket.

Return to “Disc Cover”