Background / foreground tabs: Compatability issues?

HappyWanderer

Postby HappyWanderer » December 20th, 2011, 12:14 am

Hello --

I finally got around to updating my Disc Cover to v3.0.6 today and ever since then I've had trouble with the program recognizing the background and foreground layer tabs.

SOMETIMES the tabs are there at the bottom of the program screen (although the tops of the words are obscured), other times the tabs are gone. I can still toggle between foreground and background by manually choosing the layer in the View palette, but since the layer tabs seem to come and go as they please I thought I'd ask about it.

I am using v3.0.6 (free update) for my eMac 10.5.8 OS. Thanks!

Denny
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2011, 7:04 am

Hello Denny,

Do you know how to repeat this? Maybe the tabs work incorrectly after certain actions that can be repeated on our test computer.

Please send a screenshot of the tabs displayed incorrectly to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

To take a screen shot, press Cmd-Shift-4 and select certain area on the screen. The image is saved on your Desktop.

Nick
HappyWanderer

Postby HappyWanderer » December 20th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Hi --

I've done as requested along with mentioning a couple other problems I've found about this update: Missing zoom buttons (included with screencap) and lack of assistant and video tutorials windows even though they are still supposed to appear upon launch.

Also mentioned in my email was something you might be able to quickly address here. The updates for Disc Cover 3 apparently create multiple versions of the application. Is that normal? Because neither Disc Cover nor Disc Cover 2 ever did that.

The unexpected happy side effect is that I still have a Disc Cover 3.0.5 version in which everything still works (the version 3.0.6 is indeed the one giving me the problems since the Application was updated yesterday). However, since that impact my ability to receive and automatically apply future updates I will still glad to try whatever you suggest upon review of my email.

-- Denny
Nick

Postby Nick » December 21st, 2011, 10:33 am

Denny,

Probably there were problems with the updating the application. Download a new copy of Disc Cover, and see if it works correctly.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”