didn't found a paper for Slim/Jewel Case like Avery/Zweckfor

germanmacuser

Postby germanmacuser » August 28th, 2006, 11:29 am

Hi,

im trying to use the DiscCover Trial Version (1.1) before bying it and didn't find a paper like Avery/Zweckform AJ 8431 121x242mm which I often use for my Slim or Jewel Case insert. There are really many of Avery in DiscCover but none of them will work with my paper.

Is there a posibility to download it or can I change the adjustment (right word?) that it will work?

I know there are so many papers all over the world but there are Avery-papers in DiscCover and in Germany AJ8431 is often used.

Didn't find something with "Search"!

Thanks for any answer!

Uli from Berlin/Germany
Nick

Postby Nick » August 29th, 2006, 2:07 am

Hi,

We have AJ8431 paper in the list. To find it, just type 8431(or J8431) into the search box of the paper selection dialog. "A" in the beginning means "Avery".

For the case the necessary paper is not listed, you can create a custom paper layout or edit any one from the list.

Nick
germanmacuser

Postby germanmacuser » August 29th, 2006, 3:43 am

Hi Nick,

thank you, I have 8431 too. Couldn't find it first. Perfect print!
But it would be nice to create a paper layout, if there will be a paper that is not listed. How can i do that?

Thanks for help!

Uli
Nick

Postby Nick » August 29th, 2006, 8:00 am

Hi Uli,

I will give you main steps (details can be found in the Help and in the User's Manual).
Custom paper layout is supported from version 1.1.

1. Go to the paper selection dialog (Inspector -> Design Element tab -> Change Paper button).
It is better to start from editing a predefined layout (you can start from blank paper as well). Since case covers and other elements are more or less standard, you will just need to relocate them.
Use paper layout that has a similar set of elements.

2. Select paper from the Predefined list and click the Customize button to edit.
Or open the Custom tab and click Create to start from scratch.

3. You will get into the custom paper editor. It allows to work with standard- and custom sized elements.

Nick
germanmacuser

Postby germanmacuser » August 29th, 2006, 9:34 am

Hi Nick,

thank you for your quick answer! Sorry, I'll look for more details in the Help.

So I can create every paper I need!? Thats very good! I think I'll by DiscCover. Didin't saw anny better software. And the layout is rellay apple-like! Very good!!=)

Uli

Return to “Disc Cover”