Importing images to collage: how to center properly?

crunchyjax

Postby crunchyjax » September 5th, 2011, 10:42 pm

I am importing images from a video into a collage design. The process is working well (scrubbing through the video to select the frame I want, then dragging to the collage. But when the picture shows up in the collage, only a portion is visible, and not always the portion that I want. Is there a way to shift the image around in the "frame" so that the part I want to show is visible?

Thanks.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 6th, 2011, 3:26 am

Hi crunchyjax,

A collage is a group of individual shapes (circles, squares and others) inside each an image is inserted. You can modify the properties of the shape or image inside it.

Click on the collage image. If the whole collage is selected, you should ungroup it. Right-click on the collage and choose Ungroup from the context menu.

Double-click on the image. The image editor will pop-up displaying the Crop tool. Select the portion of the image you wish to be displayed and click OK. Here, in the image editor, you can also adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation.

Once the image of the collage is selected on the canvas, you can choose the way the image fits the shape. Open the Fill & Shadow tab of the Inspector and select one of available Scale Type options.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”