Epson Artisan 725 Calibration

chaddro

Postby chaddro » June 17th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Just wanted to post my findings using Disc Cover 3.04 (v641) on Mac OS 10.6.7.

First, it seems that calibration settings are not remember after quitting the program.

Also, on the Artisan 725, the Printer calibration adjustments are backwards. A positive vertical adjustment actually raises the label. Instead of disc top side up, it seems to be disk top side down.

Of course, I'm very new to the program and may be doing something wrong. However, I have managed to get the program to print nearly exactly direct to disk.

-cj
chaddro

Postby chaddro » June 17th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Funny, I just noticed something odd by accident.

Starting from a closed program...

Double click saved layout to open program...

Go to File > Calibrate Printer

Calibration is Zero .... PRESS ESC!

Go to File > Calibrate Printer

Printer Calibration adjustment are somehow recovered.

Perhaps they ARE being saved, but not displayed correctly the first time Calibrate Printer is opened.

Hope this helps... as a programmer I can appreciate mischievous little bugs like this!

-cj
Nick

Postby Nick » June 20th, 2011, 5:42 am

Hi chaddro,

First, it seems that calibration settings are not remember after quitting the program.
On my computer this works normally. Please make sure that the same printer is selected in the Calibration dialog when you save and reopen the calibration dialog.

Did you do anything
(1) between opening the program and opening the Calibration dialog?
(2) between opening the calibration dialog at the first and second times?

Also, on the Artisan 725, the Printer calibration adjustments are backwards. A positive vertical adjustment actually raises the label. Instead of disc top side up, it seems to be disk top side down.
Did you print the calibration sheet? The printed rulers display clearly whether the value is negative or positive.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”