View older version changes
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.8.2
- New OS X 10.11 filters were added:
Light Tunnel Distortion, Perspective Transform with Extent, Smooth Linear Gradient, Triangle Kaleidoscope.
- Fixed specific OS X 10.11 issues in filters and quartz compositions.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.8.1
- New filters and quartz compositions were added for OS X 10.10 Yosemite:
Accordion Ford Transition, Linear to sRGB Tone Curve, Masked Variable Blur, Perspective Correction, sRGB Tone Curve to Linear, Black and White, Comic Book.
- Filters from "Others" category were improved and moved to different categories:
Blend with Alpha Mask, Color Clamp, Color Cross Polynomial, Color Polynomial, Photo Effect, Vignette, Vignette Effect.
- Improved german, french and spanish localizations.
- Fixed "File > New from Clipboard" menu option.
- The program can now automatically check for and download available updates using the Sparkle auto-updater technology.
- Fixed interface glitches on OS X 10.10.
- Improved program stability and performance.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.8
- Improved program performance.
- Minor bug fixes.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.7
- Improved program performance and stability.
- 64-bit mode is now fully supported.
- Improved selection in the Background Image drop down menu for Composite filters.
- Fixed the problem that replaced user images with saved images from the generators.
View Image Tricks 2.x version changes
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.6
- Added Paintable Frames category with 76 new frames (12 in Lite version) that can be easily colored.
- Added support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Added 2 new Polaroid frames to Pro version.
- Added support for Zoom and Rotate Trackpad gestures.
- Export menu now allows for size adjustment.
- Filter and Quartz categories now can be collapsed by clicking on name of category.
- Fixed the problem with spontaneous collapsing of filter categories.
- Sandboxing support implemented in App Store version.
- Various bug fixes.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.5
- Introduced 114 photo frames (12 in Lite version) with the ability to move and zoom pictures inside. You can also apply shadows to, rotate, and flip frames.
- Apply one of 65 vector boarders (12 in Lite version) to pictures and control the border color, distance from the edges, and the orientation.
- 40 masks added to Pro version.
- Border Masks category with 149 masks (12 in Lite version) added.
- Updated program interface.
- Added French and Spanish localizations.
- Added 8 new image filters for OS 10.7 users: Straighten, Stretch Crop (in Transform); Vibrance, Highlight and Shadow, Tone Curve (in Color); Depth of Field (in Focus); Droste (in Tile); Page Curl With Shadow (in Overlap). Note, Depth of Field, Droste and Page Curl With Shadow are available in the Pro version only.
- Added an option to the View menu (CMD + 0) that lets you view an image in its actual size.
- Various other minor improvements.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.0.4
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility improvements.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.0.3
- Solved the problem that caused the program to crash when using filters whose parameters are controlled by numeric values only.
- Improved compatibility with third-party filters.
What's new in Image Tricks v.3.0.1
- Fixed cursor representation for image crop.
- Solved the problem with image crop in German localization.
- Resolved the problem with new images not opening in the correct size when the View > Fit to Window Size menu item is selected.
- Addressed an issue with loading custom images in Composite Filters.
- Fixed the problem with center input adjustment by changing fields value in filter parameters;
- Improved behavior of quality settings for JPEG export.
What's new in Image Tricks v3
Hide older version changes
- Added support for Quartz Compositions, including custom ones created in programs such as Quartz Composer. By default the program contains 35 system compositions (40 in Pro version).
- Added 21 system Core Image filters (29 in Pro version):
— Affine Transform, Lanczos Scale, Perspective Transform (Pro version);
— Color Map (Pro version), Color Matrix, Mask To Alpha, Sepia Tone, Spot Color (Pro version);
— Affine Clamp, Displacement Distortion, Glass Lozenge;
— Height Field From Mask;
— Maximum Component, Minimum Component;
— Affine Tile, Perspective Tile (Pro version);
— Constant Color, Linear Gradient (Pro version), Radial Gradient, Spot Light (Pro version);
— Blend With Mask, Copy Machine, Desintegrate With Mask, Dissolve, Flash, Ripple (Pro version), Swipe;
— 23 Composite Filters (Pro version).
- Altered and added parameters for Core Image filters:
— CMYK Halftone, Reflected Textures, Lenticular Halo, Starshine Generator, Sunbeams, Bars Swipe Transition (Pro version), Mod Transition, and Page Curl (Pro version).
- Introduced support for third party Core Image filters (effects).
- Improved the interface. Now users can resize the parameters panel as well as collapse and expand filter categories.
- Added draggable handles for filters that have controllable points.
- Changed the default parameters of Color Controls, Exposure Adjust, Gamma Adjust, and Hue Adjust to reflect the original image.
- Extended Crop parameters.
- Added a compression option for TIFF format at export.
- Changed the order in which masks are applied to images with filters. This has made it easier to apply both filters and a mask to a single image.
- Many other improvements and fixes.
View Image Tricks 1.x version changes
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.4.2
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.4.1
- Added support for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6).
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.4
17 new filters
- 4 filters for both Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5:
- 13 Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) only filters:
- Comic Effect (Color category);
- Box Blur, Disc Blur (Focus category, in Blur group);
- Bump Distortion Linear (Distortion category);
- Line Overlay (Style category);
- Fourfold Rotated, Fourfold Translated, Glide Reflected (Tile category, Tiled Textures group);
- Eightfold Reflected, Fourfold Reflected, Sixfold Reflected, Sixfold Rotated (Tile category, Reflected Textures group);
- Bars Swipe Transition (Overlap category, Pro version).
- Export and Save changes, option to use OpenGL acceleration affects image preview only, final result is created with a higher quality rendering.
- Applying filters to your photos will not affect EXIF data. EXIF data is kept after applying effects to photos.
- Kaleidoscope filter improved (Tile category).
- Option to adjust second color added for Gaussian Blur (Focus category); Stripes, Checkerboard Generator (Overlap category) filters.
- Improved compatibility with Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5).
- Problem with losing mouse cursor and zoom parameters when applying masks solved.
- Parameters behaviour on Leopard system fixed for Rectangular Splash (Distortion category), Shaded Materials (Style category), Net Distortion (Distortion category).
- Random Generator filter (Style category) fixed.
- Problem with showing black instead of transparent background in plug-in solved.
- Background transparency when saving to TIFF format is fixed (plug-in).
- Save dialog on Leopard system (Mac OS X 10.5) fixed.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.3.7
- Sobel filter added (Pro version).
- Localization improved.
- Minor bug fixes.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.3.3
- Lumine filters were optimized.
- Mask Panel width is saved in the program.
- iPhoto 6 integration improved.
- Support for non-RGB color profiles corrected.
- Menu "Filters" behavior fixed when several windows opened.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.3
- 4 new image filters were added:
- Option to see the image without filter effect is available (menu Filters->Hide/Show Filter Effect).
- Additional parameter becomes available for Lumine filter.
- Flip image Vertically/Horizontally options were added (Edit menu).
- To simplify program operation, Keyboard shortcuts were assigned to various menu options.
- Filter list was added into menu.
- Preferences dialog:
- Now you can choose direction to rotate the image;
- Safe Editing mode was added to protect from rewriting an image by accident;
- OpenGL Rendering Acceleration switched on by default.
- Apply Filter option was added into Plug-in.
- Image generator Star Dust has improved.
- Application launch become faster.
- Problem with LinkBack integration is solved.
- Other bug fixes.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.2
- 8 new image filters were added: Transparent, Color Transparent (Pro version), Torus Lens, Page Curl (Pro version), Mod Transition, Stripes, CMYK HalfTone, Gaussian Gradient.
- OpenGL acceleration is supported for faster rendering (can be set in Preferences dialog).
- Option to adjust color transparency added into filter color settings.
- The program gets 2 new image generators: Triangle, Rags (Pro version).
- Extra settings were added for Hilbert Curve, Color Bars and Divide Line generators.
- User interface altered to increase workspace of the program.
- New Zoom options (Fit to Page) added.
- Preferences Dialog was added with background color and Mouse Wheel options.
- Integration with other BeLight Software products improved. Now Plug-in works as image generator directly in the programs.
- Option to change image size was added into Plug-in.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.1
- Star Dust generator was added into Pro version.
- Generator types for Plasma, Sand Glass, Circle Interference extended.
- Color controls behavior fixed.
- Disabled filter and generator parameters now hidden.
- Quality of copied to clipboard images improved.
- Better integration with other BeLight products.
- Minor bugs fixed.
What's new in Image Tricks v.2.0
Hide Image Tricks 2.x version changes
- Now the program consists of 2 sections: Filters and Generators. In Filters section Core Image effects are gathered. In Generators section you can randomly and manually generate images with mathematical algorithms. Generated images can be used as a unique background and illustration.
- Image generators added:
Gathering, Biology, Circle Interference, Color Bars, Shapes, Spinning Squares, Flying Lines, Radial Distortion, Sand Glass, Bricks, Hilbert Curve.
- The program was divided into Free and Pro versions. In Pro version additional 6 generators become available:
Brushes, Atoms, Spinning Polygons, Plasma, Divide Lines, Spiral.
- In "Set Size" dialog option "Fit to size" was added, which is convenient for making thumbnails.
- PDF format was added to export functionality. Especially important for generators that create vector images (Gathering, Color Bars, Shapes, etc.)
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Image Tricks v.1.2
- The new Universal Binary version allows to run natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
What's new in Image Tricks v.1.1
Hide Image Tricks 1.x version changes
- LinkBack technology is supported, which enables you to open and edit images modified in Image Tricks in other LinkBack-enabled applications.
- An option to apply one of 30 unique masks to an image was added.
- New CoreImage filter effects can be applied to images: Glass Distortion, Checker Board, Random Generator, Lenticular Halo, Starshine Generator, Sunbeams.
- Now you can rotate an image 90 degrees.
- Integration with other BeLight Software programs is improved (drag and drop images from other program's clipart panel into Image Tricks).
- Switching between Crop and CoreImage filters fixed.
- Undo operation works properly.
- Other minor bugs fixed.