View older version changes
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.1.3
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash on El Capitan when resizing the application's window and in some other cases.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.1.2
- Image search in the Internet has been fixed — it is launched in the Web browser.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.1.1
- Fixed crashes when switching to the Import panel on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.1
- The new Photos app released in OS X 10.10.3 is now supported.
- Several new models of Canon printers with Tray Type J are now supported.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.11
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.10
- Fixed problems in certain templates that could cause the program to crash when browsing the Assistant.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.9
- Fixed the problem with reading track names and tag information from AAC and AIFF files imported from a folder on the disc.
- Canon Tray H dimensions (for the PIXMA Pro-1 printer) have been corrected.
- Fixed the problem where an alert appearing after an attempt to add a DiscT@2 design element without the compatible device connected could not be closed with the OK button.
- Fixed the problem where closing the Options window in the Print dialog by clicking the red round [x] button would block further input from user.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.8
- Added support for the following printers: Epson XP-850, XP-600, Artisan 720, Artisan 725; Canon PIXMA PRO-100, PIXMA PRO-10, PIXMA iP4800, PIXMA iP4920, iP7250, iP7420; Brother MFC-j825DW, MFC-j835DW, MFC-j925DW.
- Canon CD/DVD Trays H, K and J are now supported.
- Video file import now works correctly for all QuickTime-supported formats (with the exception of protected videos from the iTunes Store).
- Improved compatibility with newer iPhoto libraries.
- Fixed an issue that caused switching between the Background/Foreground tabs in a single document to apply the change to all open documents.
View Disc Cover 2.x version changes
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.7
- Gatekeeper is now supported (Mountain Lion only).
- Fixed a number of issues on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.6
- Fixed the problem with the Internet picture search not functioning correctly.
- Fixed the crash that ocurred when attempting to burn more than one copy of a Lightscribe disc.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.5
- Corrected the problem with blurred shadows not displaying and printing properly in OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed the bug when objects added to a Master page of a multipage booklet would appear on a layout page instead.
- Enter/Exit Full Screen menu item and shortcut added (OS X 10.7 Lion only).
- A message is now displayed when the user attempts to save a locked file (OS X 10.7 Lion only).
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.4
- OS X 10.7 Lion is now supported.
- Image search in the Internet has been fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.3
- Drag and drop installation. All necessary resources are now contained inside the application.
- Japanese and Italian localizations added.
- 9 new templates added.
- Added new paper layouts from Micro Application, Sigel, Ryman, Sanwa Supply, Neato.
- Corrected the problem with translucent objects looking differently in the document and Print Preview.
- Fixed the problem with the program crashing when attempting to print to certain direct-to-disc printers.
- Swapped the behavior of Circular Distribution buttons in the Alignment tab of the Inspector.
- Minor changes in templates and clipart.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0.1
- Fixed the bug with transparent images showing on a white background after being dragged from Image Depot.
- Corrected the program's erratic behavior after using the Revert to Saved command.
- Spacing between lines can now be set to a negative value.
- Added a LightScribe contrast setting.
- Center Horizontally and Center Vertically commands now work properly for design elements with fold lines.
- Fixed the bug that caused existing linked text boxes to change size when adding a new one.
- Corrected the problem with the Inspector being hidden at launch.
- Fixed the problem of dotted outlines not printing on multipage booklets.
- Corrected the bug that at import changed the proportions of images that have the "Replace at import" setting enabled.
- Corrected the problem with the Number of Copies field setting only after pressing Return.
- Fixed the problem with Disc Cover crashing on OS X 10.5 when scrolling through the clipart.
- Improved the way Disc Cover works with Epson printers.
- Fixed the problem with some backgrounds and their thumbnails not loading in the Gallery.
- New paper layouts added: MicroApplication 5014, MicroApplication 5240, Avery/Zweckform J8676A-25.
- New printers added to the list of supported: HP Photosmart C5380, Photosmart C5550, Canon iP4700, Epson Stylus Photo P50, Microboards MX, Microboards G3.
- Clipart images are now grouped by type in the Source panel.
What's new in Disc Cover v.3.0
- 140 new template kits added.
- 30 new collage templates.
- 20 LightScribe templates.
- 15,000+ new clipart images (Retail Edition only).
- Industry-standard barcodes added — Code 128, EAN 13, EAN 8, UPC-A, UPC-E, DataMatrix and QR.
- Added File Data fields for merge printing information as serial numbers and so on.
- Video Tutorial window added.
- Added support for Multi-Touch trackpad gestures on supported computers.
- Improved QuickLook performance. Disc Cover documents now open faster in QuickLook.
- Added a multipage booklet element for CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray discs.
- Support for Master Page layouts.
- Imposition automated so that the pages of the booklet are in the correct order when folded.
- Duplex printer support.
- New task-specific categories for thematic projects, such as Wedding, Travel, etc.
- The revamped Assistant interface lets you preview multiple designs at once, and quickly browse through the designs.
- Added a Search field to search the designs by name.
- Added the ability to access and delete custom templates right from the Assistant.
- Improved the way Assistant works with Expose.
- Video import from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD projects or QuickTime compatible files. Frames from the video can be used in the design.
- Added the ability to get lyrics for imported songs from iTunes or the Internet.
- Improved iDVD import. Apart from the names of titles and chapters, the program now lets you view videos included in the project.
- The improved Custom Format editor adds new fields and separators to customize the way imported texts look.
- Folder sizes can now be displayed when importing data from Finder.
Hide older version changes
- Introduced vertical and horizontal guidelines, which can be locked/unlocked and can differ in color.
- Vertical Text tool added.
- Circular Text tool got a new floating panel for the editor, allowing for more control over text input.
- Vertical ruler added.
- Improved image cropping with the new In-place Crop mode.
- Added customizable Smart Guides, which help to snap objects to their edges, centers, or both.
- Text can now flow around objects, such as pictures or smart shapes.
View Disc Cover 1.x version changes
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.3.3
- Added Blu-Ray design elements (disc, cover, insert).
- The program can now automatically check for available updates and download if necessary.
- Introduced the progress indicator for iTunes import.
- New paper layouts: Data Becker 0562, 0644 and XXL, Jewelboxing, Avery 98221, NEATO 180817 and 181505 Side A / B.
- Object dimensions on the screen are now more accurate for 100% zoom setting.
- Fixed the problem with “Show foreground objects on the background” functionality which displayed foreground objects without transparency instead of semi-transparent.
- Internet search results for images are no longer limited to the first page only.
- Other bug fixes.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.3.2
- Added support for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6).
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.3.1
- CD/DVD Envelope design element added allowing to create your own disc sleeve designs.
- Microboards GX Disc Publisher printers now supported.
- A number of BOMA paper layouts added.
- The problem with the program's failure to launch at during certain situations fixed.
- Minor issues with Quick Look view solved.
- Printing on Epson R800 printer fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.3
- Support for DiscT@2 technology allows to etch text and graphics on the data side of DVD discs using a LabelFlash-enabled drive.
- Disc Cover documents can now be previewed thanks to Quick Look support (Leopard only).
- Portuguese localization added.
Fixes and Improvements
- The program no longer freezes in certain situations at launch or upon creating a document from Assistant.
- The Search function in the Change Layout dialog now updates the search results properly.
- Printer calibration fixed for Epson R800 and some other models.
- Occasional crashes when importing track lists from iTunes fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.2.1
- Improvements made to import from a multi-column text files.
- Fixed problem with images disappearing from documents at opening.
- Formtec and APLI/Agipa paper layouts updated.
- Added support of CD Tray for Epson Stylus Photo R2880.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.2
- Auto save functionality adjustable from Preferences Dialog, will help to restore documents after unintentional computer shutdown.
- Support for non-standard paper sizes added (in paper layout database, in Custom Paper dialog).
- A-one and Xerox paper layouts reviewed.
- Support for Epson, HP and Canon printers improved.
- Various program fixes and improvements.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.1.4
- Support for Art Text version 2.
- German, French and Spanish localizations improved.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.1.3
- Library of label paper layouts for Avery, Ace Label, DECAdry, Herlitz, Herma, Pimaco and Printec reviewed and extended.
- French and Spanish localizations revised.
- The process of calling system print dialog now occur correctly when no printer selected.
- Minor bug fixes.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.1.1
- When exporting disc design element the graphic is automatically cut along disc edges. Transparency is supported for PDF and TIFF files.
- Option to choose system PDF filters was added for export to PDF format.
- The result of drag&drop of images from other applications into design area and Inspector fixed.
- Inserting images inside Smart Shapes by drag&drop fixed.
- The dialog of custom text formats, which is used to import text data has improved.
- Fill/Stretch scale types behavior for smart shapes filled with an image has swapped.
- Support for HP CD/DVD Tattoo labels and automatic mirror printing were added.
- Data Becker and DECadry label paper libraries were updated.
- German localization of the program improved.
- Option to duplicate selected Design Element was added into Edit Custom Layout dialog (also shortcut Cmd+D can be used).
- Auto scroll activates when an object is created or moved outside window area.
- Pup-up menu with tool sets added for Toolbar in text representation.
- Insert->Date&Time option during text editing fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.0.5
- Tray dimensions were fixed for Canon direct on disc printers.
- Problem with printing objects with gradient fill solved.
- Printing on a plain paper fixed (clipping size corrected).
- Option to set round corners for rectangular design-elements (such as Cover, Tray Insert, etc.) added.
- Ability to add text box with a mouse click restored (when Extended Text tool activated).
- Problem with text format buttons in the system font dialog solved.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.0.1
- Problem with freezing during closing the program solved.
- Switching the Inspector controls with Tab button fixed.
- Bug with inability to work in Disc Cover, due to disabled menu options when Painter's Picker software installed fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.2.0
- Redesigned program interface.
- Grouping functionality was added in the program.
- Gradient Fill (linear and radial) became available for different objects.
- Art Text integration allows to create high quality textual graphics, headings, logos, icons.
- Documents containing user pictures got lower size thanks to automatic compression.
- Collection of ready-made designs was improved and new designs were added. Now the collection consists of 130 professional designs.
- Collection of 120 background designs was added, with ability to add your own backgrounds.
- 100 background images were added (70 in standard version).
- Now design-element settings (inner/outer disc diameter for example) can be altered from the Inspector. Also, you have ability to save set of parameters as a preset.
- Duplicate design-element option added to the main menu and toolbar.
- Size settings for design-elements added to Custom Paper Format dialog.
- Integration with Apple Aperture added.
- Import from Apple iPhoto improved: Events library now supported.
- Import from Apple iTunes improved: Total Time format added that shows total track duration.
- Photo files import: Get images from Subfolders check added.
- LZW compression becomes available when exporting to TIFF.
- Option to choose Color Model (RGB/CMYK) when exporting to raster formats (TIFF and JPEG).
- Hold Editing Modes via double click added for toolbar buttons (Text Box, Box, Line).
- Object rotation can be performed using corner handles or keyboard (Cmd+Opt+left/right arrows, Shift increase speed), in addition to Inspector options.
- Object rotation to the left/right is available from context menu.
- Preview of ready made designs in Assistant has changed.
- Custom format text for imported results improved.
- Circle Text editing dialog can be resized now.
- For accessibility purposes increase/decrease font size shortcut has changed to system standard Cmd+“+” and Cmd+“-”. Zoom shortcut has changed to Ctrl+Cmd+“=”, Ctrl+Cmd+“-”.
- Shortcut to open/close source panel added (Cmd+Opt+C).
- Shortcuts to navigate through Inspector Tabs added (Cmd + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6). Hide Inspector shortcut added (Cmd+0).
Hide Disc Cover 2.x version changes
- EasyPrint technology integrated into the program, which improves compatibility with Epson direct-on-cd printers.
- Support for DYMO DiscPainter direct-on-cd printer added.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.5.1
- Compatibility with iPhoto '08 (version 7) implemented.
- Problem with pictures disappearing after saving is fixed.
- Problem with the recalculation of document margins is solved.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.5
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X Leopard Beta (version 10.5. beta).
New Paper and Printer Support
- Substantially improved support for Primera Technology (Bravo SE, Bravo II, Bravo Pro) printers.
- Support for Imation D20 Disc Publisher printer added.
- Support for new Canon printers added.
- Paper formats Avery, Staples, Pelican, etc. has been updated.
- Support for Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-R added.
- Importing pictures from iPhoto 6.0.6 and higher is fixed.
- Bleed and cut marks export corrected.
- Problem with changing shape of Smart Shapes with an inserted image is solved.
- Various technical improvements made to print dialog.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.4
- Labelflash supported, technology that allows to burn designs directly onto CDs and DVDs.
- Import Track Names for Audio discs via Internet.
- Disco integration allows to import CD data burnt with Disco software.
New Paper and Printer Support
- Support for Pappa Pack papers added.
- Support for HP CD/DVD Tattoo papers added.
- Canon MP810 printer added, details for Canon 4300 printer updated.
- Measurements for horizontal and vertical indents become visible in Custom Paper preview.
- For accessibility purposes increase/decrease font size shortcut has changed to (Ctrl+Cmd+Opt and “+” or “-”).
- Program crashes during drawing on LightScribe discs fixed.
- Problem with program crashes when changing category in Clipart panel solved.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.3.3
- LightScribe technology supported, which allows to burn designs directly onto CDs and DVDs.
- An option to auto replace data while using Finder Import added.
- Memory usage optimization while importing images from Finder.
- HP D5160; Epson R260, RX640, C86; Canon IP4300, IP8500, MP600 Direct-on-CD printers are now supported.
- Support for CD label formats extended (Japanese manufacturers Elecom, Hisago, PrinTec, Sanwa), also Avery, Fellowes/NEATO, Memorex label formats updated.
- Problem with saving documents with cropped images solved.
- Abort option when importing from iTunes/iPhoto fixed.
- Program crash while duplicating filled Smart Shape solved.
- Problems with shadow rendering in Preview Dialog fixed.
- Optimized printing for objects with shadows.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.2.1
- New Collage functionality introduced in the program. 30+ collages are located in a new Collage panel, also collage designs added in Assistant. You can automatically replace pictures in the collage using iPhoto import. To put your photos to the collage manually select the whole collage or its separate elements and drag&drop the photo onto the collage element from the Source panel.
- A new adjustable functionality to fill Smart Shapes with pictures was added (Inspector/ tab Fill&Shadow). To replace pictures manually select the shape and drag&drop the image onto it from the Source Panel. Picture auto-replacement from iPhoto also available. Now you can create your own creative frames for your photos and pictures.
- Now Assistant remembers the last used Templates Category.
- Proportional resize was assigned at the corner dot for smart shapes.
- Arrow keys move the selected object with increased step while Shift key is pressed.
- Direct-on-CD printing adjustments were made: CD Trays are moved to a separate list, marked in the common list, also message dialog was added.
- Proportional resize for a group of selected objects fixed.
- Problem with saving documents with PICT pictures is solved.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.1
- 20 new designs added, also DVD category added in Assistant.
- New Mac related images and media logos added in Clipart.
- Custom Paper/Tray option was added (menu File->Custom Paper->Tray). The option allows to set non-supported printers and paper formats.
- Improved integration with Image Tricks. Now images can be generated directly in the program.
- Image Depot panel added (menu Window->Clipart->Image Depot), where you can store images, including generated ones.
- Spotlight support added. Document content is now automatically indexed in the system.
- Pattern option can be applied to lines.
- Problem with the program hang up while printing and copying/pasting objects with shadows is solved.
- Alternative iTunes import was added (uses AppleScript), which solves the problem with track sorting (slower than default import option).
- Importing images from Custom Folder: "Get Images from Subfolders" option now can be switched off, Folders Tree was added.
- Option to import M4P files (music purchased from ITMS) without launching iTunes was added.
- "Move to Foreground/Background" option is now available for text.
- New elements to adjust font size were added.
- Other minor text bug fixes.
- Now document workspace is saved (window size, scrollers position, zoom size, clipart panel position and others).
- Problem with Ownership & Permissions is solved, due to storing user templates at Home directory.
- Canon MP800, IP5000, MP500 and Epson printers are now supported, also the problem with printing on mini-CD was solved.
- Support for CD and VHS label formats extended (AceLabel, Compulabel and Memorex).
- Adjustable bleeds added to the Print Dialog (problem with precise printing solved).
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.0.8
- Importing data for audio CDs from Toast Titanium added.
- iTunes import: problem with track sorting fixed.
- MP3 import: problem with cut off album or artist name, as well as displaying incorrect track duration solved.
- iPhoto import: large document size problem fixed. (iPhoto JPEG images do not convert into large TIFF anymore)
- Epson R800 and other compatible with it printers: malfunctioning of direct-on-CD printing and printing to the disc edges resolved.
- Print dialog: cut offs and inaccuracy during drag&drop of design elements to the paper were removed. Bleeds for CD holes were also added.
- Choice of recent documents becomes available in Assistant.
- Condition and allocation of additional windows (Inspector, Fonts, Color) are saved for future use.
- Simultaneous import for several documents corrected.
- Mouse tooltip in Paper Dialog now reflects full paper name.
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.0.5
- Work with photos in designs has extended. Now any image can be set as auto replaceable (menu "Format/Image/Replace Image at Import") — it will be replaced with user photo when imported from iPhoto. Convenient for creating collages.
- Drop an image from Source Panel onto a selected image will replace it. New image will be cropped to fit available space.
- New project format, iDVD 6 is supported.
- Number of imported elements from iDVD 4 increased.
- iPhoto folders are now supported.
- Last used printer and paper will be selected in future.
- Problem with blocking Cut Lines and Dotted Marks is solved.
- "Print as Raster Image" checkbox is also remembered for future use.
- In addition to resizing and rotating several selected objects as one, flip option was added.
- 3 new designs (auto-generated vector fonts).
- Different minor improvements (Assistant, Paper Dialog, copy/paste mechanism, print calibration, custom mask, iPhoto and Finder import).
What's new in Disc Cover v.1.0.2
Hide Disc Cover 1.x version changes
- Crashes while updating data from iPhoto eliminated.
- Support for Canon direct-on-CD printers was added.
- Text box creation inconvenience solved.
- New paper format from MicroApplication was added.
- Assistant improvements.
- Other minor bugs fixed.