Disc Cover Features
Clipart Collection and Extra Fonts
Disc Cover comes with over 1,000 clipart images (40,000+ clipart images with Extras Pack) and 100 extra fonts (Extras Pack only) to help spice up your music discs, photo and video collections, and data backup archives. You can also add images in a variety of formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PDF, GIF, EPS, and more. Search Google Images from right inside of the program and drag and drop the pictures right to your design!
Template Kits, Collages, and Backgrounds
Over 250 professionally designed template kits (disc label, cover, insert, and spine) and 120 unique backgrounds give you a quick start to personalizing your discs. You'll also find 60 customizable photo collages for both CD and DVD elements, as well as Smart Shapes that can be grouped into collages of your own.
Import from iLife, Aperture, and More
Disc Cover imports images, video, and textual information from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, Aperture, Audio CDs, MP3 and Quicktime Movie files, and many other sources. So including the track list and album art from your favorite iTunes playlist or photos from your most cherished albums is no problem. You can even import song lyrics from iTunes or the Internet!
Version 3.0 introduced support for multi-page booklets. Create a layout once and apply it to each page using the Master Page feature. Using flowing text boxes you'll find it simple and fun to create liner notes or booklets with song lyrics. You can print one side at a time or on a duplex printer.
Built-In Image Editor and Masks
Disc Cover contains an intuitive, powerful image and photo editing tool powered by Image Tricks. Use over 60 Core Image effects and filters to jazz up your photos and images. Also choose from over 100 unique masks to apply to your images or simply use your own image as a mask. Tools in Inspector allow you to crop, tint, rotate and tile your images as well as control their transparency.
Artistic Text and Graphics
Integration with Art Text helps you put some life into album and disc names. Create brilliant textual graphics using all of the functions of Art Text and place them onto your design with a simple click of the mouse. Learn more about the Art Text Bonus App.
Barcodes and Serial Numbers
For professionals looking to mass produce discs, we have included support for barcodes and data fields. Data fields are dynamic text fields that are linked to a list in a text file and print out a different item on each printed copy. This is great for serial numbers, customer names, and so on. Supported barcodes include UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN 13, EAN 8, Code 128, Data Matrix ASCII, and QR Code.
Easy-to-Use Text Tools
Create circular text to fit the curve of your discs, flow text from one text box to another in order to split a large text into columns, and use the vertical text tool to decorate the spine. Effortlessly create lists and choose from a variety of bullets. Control line and character spacing along with paragraph indentation and alignment.
Edit Objects with Ease
Creating a design has never been so easy! The smart guides and guidelines make aligning objects a snap. The Background and Foreground layers help you create intricate designs without cluttering up your workspace. Also group objects together to edit and move them as one object. Fill objects with a linear or radial gradient and add adjustable shadows.
LightScribe and Labelflash™ Support
Support for LightScribe and Labelflash™ allows you to burn your labels created in Disc Cover right onto the disc. Write text or draw graphics on the data side of the disc thanks to Labelflash™ and DiscT@2 support. Learn more about LightScribe and Labelflash.
Print on Label Paper or Directly on Disc
Disc Cover comes with an immense library of supported label paper formats from the most popular manufacturers, including Avery, Neato, Memorex and others. If your paper isn't supported, quickly and effortlessly create custom layouts. Disc Cover also gives you the opportunity to print directly on the disc using HP, Epson, Canon and other printers. See the full list of supported printers.
The straightforward and easy-to-use program interface will never leave you frustrated or confused. All the editing tools you need to create astonishing CD/DVD case elements are at your finger tips in Disc Cover's Inspector.
Choose one of over 250 template kits in the Assistant.
Create multipage booklets using Master Pages.
Print all of the case elements effortlessly.
All Features of Disc Cover
- More than 1,000+ clipart images (40,000+ clipart images with Extras Pack).
- 100 extra fonts (Extras Pack only).
- Over 250 professionally designed templates for music, photo, DVD and data backup collections.
- Templates for special events such as weddings and vacations.
- 20 templates for burning to LightScribe media.
- 60 photo collages for use in your designs.
- A collection of 120 customizable background designs with the ability to add your own.
- Support for multipage booklets and two-sided printing.
- Master page layouts.
- Support for industry-standard barcodes — Code 128, EAN 13, EAN 8, UPC-A, UPC-E, DataMatrix and QR.
- File Data fields that merge print information from text files.
- Adjustable data format lets you specify the way it will appear on the document.
- Export results to JPEG, PDF and TIFF.
- Support for Multi-Touch trackpad gestures.
- Auto Save helps to restore documents after an unintentional computer shutdown.
- Quick Look support.
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese localizations available.
- Runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- iLife integration lets you preview and use data (text and images) from iTunes, iPhoto, and iDVD libraries.
- Aperture integration allows to conveniently import photos into the program.
- Video import that lets you import video from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, and QuickTime compatible files and use frames as images in the design.
- Lyrics import from iTunes and the Internet.
- Import data (Artist, Track Titles, etc.) from music CDs, MP3 files and tab-delimited text files.
- Imported data auto-fits the design.
- Insert images in many supported formats, like JPEG, TIFF, PDF, GIF, EPS and more.
Work with Graphics
- 100+ unique masks and option to use custom image as a mask.
- Smart guides help to align objects in respect to each other.
- Object grouping functionality.
- Background and Foreground layers help to create and edit advanced designs.
- Variety of Smart Shapes with controllable behavior.
- An option to fill Smart Shapes with pictures and make creative frames for your photos.
- Fill different objects with Linear or Radial gradients.
- Image Depot panel allows you to store your own images in the program.
- In-Place Crop mode.
- Crop, tint, tile, rotate images and control transparency.
- Make use of adjustable shadows.
- Select multiple objects with the opportunity to resize and rotate them as a single item.
- Search images by keywords in the embedded clipart collection or Internet.
- Art Text integration to create high quality textual graphics, headings, logos, icons, web banners and buttons.
- Fill different objects with linear or radial gradients.
Advanced Text Editing
- Use circle text mode to design CDs.
- Vertical text tool.
- Flow text from column to column and around images.
- Control line, character spacing and paragraph indention.
- Option to line up text into columns.
- Create a text list with a variety of bullets.
- Control transparency, rotate and fill text blocks with colors.
- A huge library of label paper formats from the most popular manufacturers, including Avery, Neato, Memorex and others.
- Easy to create custom layouts for unsupported paper stock.
- Supports direct-on-CD printing, including DYMO DiscPainter printer.
- Printer calibration allows to fine-tune the printer for accurate results.
- Cut marks can be printed — helpful for printing on non-perforated paper.
- Print on most ink jet or laser printers.
- LightScribe support allows to burn labels directly onto CDs and DVDs.
- Labelflash™ support allows to burn designs directly onto discs.
- Labelflash™ and DiscT@2 support allows to etch text and graphics directly onto discs.