View older version changes
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.2.3
- The Google Maps integration is now working properly.
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash on El Capitan when resizing the application's window and in some other cases.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.2.1
- Image search in the Internet has been fixed — it is launched in the Web browser.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.2
- The new Photos app released in OS X 10.10.3 is now supported.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.7
- Fixed crashes reported by some when exporting to PDF.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.6
- Improved compatibility with newer iPhoto libraries.
- Fixed an issue that caused switching between the Background/Foreground tabs in a single document to apply the change to all open documents.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
View Business Card Composer 4.x version changes
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.5
- Gatekeeper is now supported (Mountain Lion only).
- Fixed a number of issues on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.4
- Fixed the problem with the Internet picture search not functioning correctly.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.2
- Corrected the problem with blurred shadows not displaying and printing properly in OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Enter/Exit Full Screen menu item and shortcut added (OS X 10.7 Lion only).
- A message is now displayed when the user attempts to save a locked file (OS X 10.7 Lion only).
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1.1
- OS X 10.7 Lion is now supported.
- Image search in the Internet has been fixed.
- Fixed the problem with QR barcode failing to encode certain characters (such as accented Latin letters).
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.1
- 238 new templates added (previously available in Retail edition only).
- Drag and drop installation. All necessary resources are now containedinside the application.
- Improved the program's performance when scrolling through the clipart in the Source panel.
- File Data field parameters such as file name, column, delimiter, etc. are now stored individually for each such field.
- Added new paper layouts from Ryman, Sanwa Supply, Avery, and Compulabel.
- Added Video Tutorials window.
- Objects now display marks on the rulers reflecting their edges and center.
- Added the Paste and Match Style command to the Edit menu.
- Fixed the “Convert text to curves” option during export to PDF.
- The Source panel now remembers its hidden state, without reappearing after restart.
- Corrected the problem with translucent objects looking differently in the document and Print Preview.
- Fixed the problem with calibration working incorrectly for the back side of the card.
- Fixed the problem with images sometimes disappearing from the back side of the card at printing.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.0.4
- The program can now automatically check for available updates and download if necessary.
- Object dimensions on the screen are now more accurate for 100% zoom setting.
- Added Credit Card size layouts for plain paper.
- Added Promaxx range of business card papers.
- Fixed the problem with “Show foreground objects on the background” functionality which displayed foreground objects without transparency instead of semi-transparent.
- Fixed the bug when dragging a picture from Photo Booth into the program would create a zero-size object.
- Fixed incorrect behavior when resizing multiple objects with Cmd key pressed.
- Improved printing of two-sided cards on a duplex printer.
- Other minor fixes.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.0.3
- Added French and Spanish localizations.
- Internet search results for images are no longer limited to the first page only.
- Fixed a bug that caused images in EPS format inserted into a document not to print.
- Fixed the bug that caused the program to crash when a tab marker was moved in the text editing mode.
- Other minor fixes.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.0.2
- Fixed the problem with the program freezing after clicking Next in the Print dialog with certain printers.
- Fixed the issue of exported JPEG and TIFF images with high DPI settings being saved at 72 DPI.
- Corrected the behavior of the Undo operation for images.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5.0.1
- Added support for Evolis ID card printers.
- Fixed import into File Data fields from a text file.
- Corrected the problem with the program freezing when decoding images with Barcode Reader under Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed the bug causing unstable behavior under Mac OS X 10.4 when more than one text box objects were present in the document.
- The Print dialog now remembers the print side setting.
- The File Data import parameters such as encoding, column, delimiter are now remembered in the Open dialog.
- Solved the problem with Undo working incorrectly for text fields with labels.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.5
- Added auto save functionality, which helps to restore documents after an unintentional computer shutdown (adjustable in the Preferences dialog).
- Introduced integration with Apple iPhoto '09 and Aperture.
- Added the ability to create custom layouts of any size, not only A4 or Letter, which is done in the Custom Page dialog.
- Added more paper layouts from ACCO, Ace Label, Hisago, Pimaco, and Xerox.
- Introduced integration for Google Maps, which enables you to mark your business location on a map and place an image of it on your card to provide exact directions.
- Added 140 new (retail edition only) and 210 re-designed business card templates.
- Supported barcodes — Code 128, QR and Data Matrix 2D barcodes allow you to encode contact details, URLs, or any other information for easy sharing and processing.
- Introduced vertical and horizontal guidelines, which can be locked/unlocked and differ in color.
- Added the ability to group objects.
- Added Linear and Radial gradients, as well as an Image Fill option.
- Improved image cropping with the new In-place Crop mode.
- Added multi-line text boxes.
- Added customizable Smart Guides, which help to snap objects to their edges, centers, or both.
- Introduced labels for all text fields (e.g. Address, Phone, etc.).
- Added independent orientation of the front and back sides of the card.
- Reorganized the category structure of ready-made designs.
- Improved navigation.
- Added the ability to preview multiple designs simultaneously.
- Added the ability to delete custom templates right from the Assistant.
- Introduced a preview of both sides of double-sided cards.
- Improved the way Assistant works with Expose.
- Added a Document tab into the Inspector for changing page layout, orientation, or viewing document size.
- Integrated the Apple Address Book into the Source panel, which enables you to sort and search for contacts.
- Added into the Inspector the ability to select the address that corresponds to the text fields (Work, Home, or Other).
- Improved integration with Image Tricks, which allows you to generate images and backgrounds directly in the program.
- Introduced tooltips for all interface elements.
- Added options into the context menu to rotate objects 90 degrees left/right.
- Introduced the ability to constantly keep Toolbar tools active via a double click.
- Added the option to send your custom layout to the developer.
- Added a Recently Used tab to the Change Layout dialog and Assistant.
- Introduced the option to view Foreground objects on the Background (View > Show Foreground Objects).
- Added a Save as Template option for convenient access to the design you have created and plan to use in the future.
- Added a Capitalization tool, which makes the letters of a text field all capital, all lowercase, or only the first letters capital (available in the Text tab of the Inspector).
Hide older version changes
- Improved the clipart search.
- Updated measurement units to correspond to System Preferences units.
- Fixed a problem with the stepper that changes the degree of rotation.
- Added the ability to rotate objects using corner handles and the keyboard (Alt+Left/Right arrows).
- Extended the image merge capability by allowing you to use several lists for different merged images.
- Added the ability to choose encoding for imported file data.
- Added the ability to insert date and time.
- Improved export to PDF. Now one or two pages can be exported.
- Added four PDF filters.
- Revised name fields. Now first and last names are separated.
- Added a Get Images from Subfolders checkbox when importing images from a custom folder.
- Added a Find feature for searching text fragments.
View Business Card Composer 3.x version changes
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.5.6
- Added support for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6).
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.5.5
- Integration for Art Text added.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.5
- Auto scroll activates when an object is created or moved outside window area.
- Business card paper layouts from Korean manufacturer Printec added.
- Problem with program crashes on Leopard (OS X 10.5) after sending a document to print fixed.
- Problem with program crashes on Leopard (OS X 10.5) when tool bar in text mode is used solved.
- Problem with inserting objects while editing text fixed.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.4.1
Improved Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Processing quantity of cards during printing now works correctly.
- Selecting file format in export dialog fixed.
- Business card file preview with Quick Look improved.
- Problem with loosing image transparency during export to TIF format fixed.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.4
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X Leopard Beta (version 10.5 beta).
- Leopard technology Quick Look supported, which allows you to view the content of a file without even opening it.
- Compatibility with iPhoto '08 (version 7) implemented.
- Importing pictures from iPhoto 6.0.6 and higher is fixed.
- LZW compression becomes available when exporting to TIFF.
- Documents containing user pictures become smaller in size thanks to automatic LZW compression (only for TIFF format).
- Option to choose Color Model (RGB/CMYK) when exporting to raster formats (TIFF and JPEG).
- Memory usage optimized during export and printing.
- Cmd+Return shortcut was added to exit text editing mode.
- Option to set numeric value for the image opacity added in addition to the existing slider (Inspector, Image Tab).
- Angle Shadow field behavior fixed (Inspector, Fill & Shadow tab).
- For accessibility purposes increase/decrease font size shortcut has changed to system standard Cmd + “+” and Cmd + “-”. Zoom shortcut has changed to Ctrl+Cmd+“=”, Ctrl+Cmd+“-”.
- New zoom shortcuts added: Fit Width (Ctrl-Cmd-W), Fit Height (Ctrl-Cmd-H), Fit Page (Ctrl-Cmd-P).
- Changing text box positioning via Inspector or menu (Move to... command) while being in text edit mode fixed.
- Print preview fixed when back side of the card is chosen.
- Program stability improved.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.3
- Text to Curve feature (using Export options) lets you transform the document into vector image, this will help to avoid problems with font absence when you send a document to a printshop.
- Converting text object into an image allows to apply image effects to it.
- Adjustable export to EPS added.
- Image cropping directly in the document becomes available (available via Image tab of the Inspector panel).
- An option to align on first selected object is added (Inspector Alignment Tab), shortcuts are available.
- Hold Editing Modes (Text Box, Box, Line on the Toolbar) via double click added.
- Context menu (Ctrl+Mouse click or right button Mouse click) varies depending on the selected object.
- Various editing mode buttons were added into Customize toolbar dialog, which simplifies toolbar usage in Text Only mode.
- Tooltips with complete image description and file name were added for Clipart panel.
- New shortcut to toggle Clipart panel (Cmd+Alt+C).
- Shortcut to Show/Hide Inspector added (Cmd+Shift+I).
- New Compulabel and DECAdry paper formats added.
- Improved Spell Check, now checks the whole card including all layers and back side. “Check Spelling as You Type” mode is saved in the document for future use.
- Picture drawing quality at various zoom levels improved.
- Copying images into clipboard becomes faster.
- Program crash when using Inspector without opened document is fixed.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.1.3
- German localization was added.
- Pager field from Apple Address Book is now supported.
- Now you can easily switch between Inspector tabs using shortcuts (Cmd+1,2..5).
- Bug with displaying Cut marks when exporting to TIFF and JPEG fixed.
- Other minor improvements.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4.1
- Spotlight support added. Document content is now automatically indexed in the system.
- Option to generate unique images is now available (requires freeware Image Tricks).
- Compulabel's paper formats for name badges and index cards are supported.
- Proportional resize was assigned at the corner dot for smart shapes.
- Proportional resize for a group of selected objects fixed.
- Group rotation of selected objects fixed.
- Minor bugs fixes.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.4
- 100+ new card designs added.
- Merge Image functionality allows to import and auto-replace images from Address Book, iPhoto and Finder. Can be used for creating badges and printing iPhoto thumbnails.
- Interface changes: new Clipart panel, Tabs with advanced editing options were added to the Inspector window.
- New Zoom options (Fit Width, Fit Height, Fit Page).
- Finish button on the first step of the Assistant allows to skip subsequent steps, also Open Recent File option was added.
- Adjustable shadows with color settings were added.
- Option to set object position and size manually available from Geometry Tab of Inspector.
- Horizontal and vertical object alignments were added.
- Option to distribute objects vertically and horizontally, as well as adjustable vertical spacing were added (suitable for text distributing).
- Pattern option can be applied to lines.
- New text editing features available through Inspector:
- change font size;
- control character, line and paragraph spacing.
- iPhoto integration improved. iPhoto folders are supported, photos and titles can be imported.
- Drop an image from Clipart Collection onto a selected image will replace it. New image will be cropped to fit available space.
- “Set address field in a line” check allows to modify two-lined address from Address Book into one line automatically (available in the Preferences dialog).
- Inserting objects from other BeLight applications becomes available.
Hide Business Card Composer 4.x version changes
- The structure of document storage was changed, now images are kept in their original format. Therefore, improved work with documents which contain large amount of images.
View Business Card Composer 2.x version changes
What's new in Business Card Composer v.3.2
- Full support for double-sided cards is introduced (double-sided card saving in the same document, switching between sides on a fly, printing).
- Duplex printers are supported.
- The collection of 32 vector smart shapes with controllable behaviour was added.
- The new Universal Binary version allows to run natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
- Option to select several objects with the opportunity to resize and rotate them as a single item was added.
- Business card paper layouts extended.
- Paper Layout preview was added into paper selection dialogue (Assistant, Card Properties).
- An option to set-up addresses in Preferences is available (address fields order differs for some countries).
- A ruler and measurement units were added.
- Image auto-cropping problem and imprecise positioning for Tiger OS (MacOS X 10.4) solved.
- Inserting URL field from Address Book in Tiger system fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.3.1.2
- Bug with “Search Images in the Internet” dialog fixed.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.3.1.1
- Tiger compatibility.
- Support for Image Tricks plugin added. Image Tricks is a free image editing application for using about 35 Core Image effects, integrated into Tiger system (for OS X 10.4 and later).
- New paper layouts from Avery added.
- Card stock from Conqueror is supported.
- A bug when printing cards as vector on layouts with bleeds fixed.
- This update fixes the problem with opening some files created in v. 2.x, 1.x.
- Regular card designs selected in Assistant can now be applied to folded cards.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.3
Hide Business Card Composer 3.x version changes
- A great number of new clipart images was added. Now the program contains over 23.000 images for boxed edition (700 for download edition).
- The application now contains 500 designs for boxed edition (400 for download edition).
- Number of masks has increased to 100.
- New printing method was applied to allow printing multiple designs (from different files) on one sheet. It is useful when choosing from a variety of designs the one you prefer. Or when you need to print the cards for all your occupations on one sheet.
- Preview window with the additional settings, added to the printing process, displays your modifications on the fly.
- Counter feature allows you to numerate cards, assign each card a unique number.
- Text File Data support allows to read the data from text files. This can be helpful for creating badges for a conference, etc.
- The application supports object editing on Background and Foreground layers, which helps to create advanced card designs.
- Text alignment mode that fully justifies text as to the text box borders was added.
- The objects can be aligned as to the card center (horizontally and vertically).
- Custom folder contents are displayed in the image collection window.
- Image cropping was added, so that you can crop images to remove the parts you don't like directly in Composer.
- Image tiling operation was extended, so that tile size can be altered.
- A custom image can be used as a mask as well as predesigned masks.
- Export to JPEG format was added, which is useful for sending business card via e-mail.
- Export to TIFF was enhanced: now it supports bleeds, cut marks and allows to modify resolution.
- Prefix and Suffix fields can be filled from Address Book.
- In the Preferences dialog you can choose to hide Assistant when starting the app.
- It is now possible to choose own designs, as well as predesigned ones, on the first step of Assistant.
- Many other minor changes and fixes have also been done.
View Business Card Composer 1.x version changes
What's new in Business Card Composer v.2.3
- Added integration with iPhoto. Now it's possible to preview and use pictures from the iPhoto libraries in the same manner as it was possible to use built-in clipart.
- Improved Address Book support. When selecting a person or a list of persons, it's possible to choose which address to use (e.g. “home” or “work”).
- Completely redesigned the printer calibration procedure. Added the Scale setting that helps to solve the problem with cards getting slightly offset by the end of the printed page.
- Text fields can now be rotated.
- Added 25 new designs, including designs for double-sided and folded cards.
- More images added to the clipart collection.
- Previously, the angle could be changed with the slide bar only. Now it's possible to enter an exact value.
- Slightly redesigned the interface. The buttons got a new slick look, the Card Properties dialog can now be called with a toolbar button.
- Fixed an issue with loading images from the Internet — images would not load in their full quality.
- Fixed text problems caused by the Mac OS 10.2.8 (Jaguar) secure update, when the application would not allow to edit or type text.
What's new in Business Card Composer v.2.2
- This update includes the Japanese version of the program. It became possible due to our long-term partnership with Act2 — the Japanese distributor of Business Card Composer ( http://www.act2.com/).
- Corrections in the French localization.
- New Avery business card templates added: 08476, 28873, 28876
- In the Format menu, a new command added: Align Centers. It allows to align objects to their centers.
- The new Order Paper Online command in the Help menu lets you order business card paper from the Internet.
- Large images are automatically resized to fit the card size when inserted, to make editing easier.
- Fixed the bug with increasing distance between cards when printing more than one sheet.
- Fixed the problem when images inserted from a custom folder were not stored in the document.
- When exporting to PDF, the resolution of the embedded raster images and the PDF itself has been synchronized.
- We had to change the application icon! We had to change the icon and redesign some promotional artwork because of the claims of legal representatives of AOL (www.aol.com). We were very surprised to hear AOL's claims that Business Card Composer's icon looks very similar to the AOL's Running Man logo (the yellow man on the iChat icon). However, we decided to spend our time for more useful things, than litigation with AOL.
So, be careful when you use yellow men in your images — AOL can get angry. It looks like all rights to yellow men worldwide belong to AOL!
What's new in Business Card Composer v.2
Hide Business Card Composer 2.x version changes
- The ability to order printing cards in an online print shop right from the program. This is useful when you need to print a large amount of cards (100 or more), or you need cards of professional quality.
- Users can create custom layouts for all kinds of labels and business cards (determine the size of the cards and their arrangement on paper. Now it's possible to print cards of non-standard size and add support for new card stock.
- The built-in clipart collection is now virtually unlimited. You can search images in the Internet by keywords right from the program.
- You can also add custom folders with pictures to the clipart collection.
- The same card can be printed for several people, so the cards have the same design but different personal information. Just choose the people you need from the Apple Address Book. This is very convenient for creating ID cards, name cards, badges, etc.
- About 30 new designs added, and the existing ones have been enhanced.
- Better support for Mac OS 10.3 Panther: now it's possible to insert EPS and AI files, the standard Fonts panel is fully supported (including fonts and underlining).
- Export to PDF is customizable so you can configure the PDF to meet the requirements of a print shop (bleeds and cut marks).
- Objects can be aligned to the left or right edges. It's especially convenient for creating text columns.
- It is possible to incorporate e-mail feedback mechanism.
- In dialogs working with Address Book, the ability to choose groups is added.
- For more convenience the size of clipping area during print is increased for paper with bleeds between cards.
- Enhanced work with text dialog.
- Many minor improvements and additions.
- Various bugs fixed.
What's new in Business Card Composer 1.1.3
- All bugs connected with new Panther system release corrected.
- The cutting bottom cards bug is fixed. If users run through this issue, they should switch on “Ignore printer page settings” in Preferences dialog.
- German language is added.
- Lets reset calibration with the Reset button in Calibration dialog.
What's new in Business Card Composer 1.1
- Entering hieroglyphs issue is corrected.
- Trim lines, which mark where the printing press will cut, are added into the exported PDF. The requirements of major print shops are considered.
- In Preferences dialog, the choice between vector and raster formats of the file sent to printer is added. Printing a vector file speeds up the printing process immensely.
- The database of supported paper layouts is extended with new manufacturers' formats:
- A-ONE, Elecom, Sanwa Supply — Japan;
- Decadry, Micro Application — Europe.
What's new in Business Card Composer 1.0.3
- Problems with print on some Canon BubbleJet printers (S200, S800, S900, etc.) fixed.
- Sudden quits of the application observed when object's color and transparency are changed — corrected.
- Automated change of person when opening Change Person dialog is eliminated.
- Sometimes selection mark in background collection disappeared — corrected.
- A number of minor bugs fixed.
- The default number of printed cards on the sheet is now 8 or 10 cards (depends on the layout you print on). Only one card was printed out by default in the previous versions.
- Following the requests of our users, we have extended the supported paper base by adding the old Avery templates.
What's new in Business Card Composer 1.0.1
Hide Business Card Composer 1.x version changes
- Documents where the personal data were entered manually are saved correctly.
- Printing masked and transparent images on HP inkjet printers improved.
- Assistant dialog issue in case when My Card is not defined in Apple Address Book — corrected.
- Finish button operation bug in Assistant dialog didn't work in some cases: corrected.
- Print Calibration Sheet is printed out properly.
- Problem with making cards for a person from Address Book with only one name field completed is corrected.
- Undo work improved.
- Working with Select Box enhanced.
- The difficulty with increasing/decreasing the text font is corrected.
- Inconvenience with selecting background in Background Collection — fixed.