printing cd/dvd

gean

Postby gean » January 25th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Hi to whom ever:

I downloaded the trial version of your program. I wanted to print cd/dvd, with my imac.(i could do this with a window unit, but was limited) I played with the program and got it to print one dvd, I save it and tried to print it again.

I have tried now for about a day+ to print again from save and creating new, nothing. I sure could use some help, If i can do this with no problem i will purchase program.

I use a Canon ip4200 printer, with my Imac. Please put directions in a do this first then this ect.

thank you for the time

gean
Nick

Postby Nick » January 26th, 2011, 5:45 am

Hi,

Probably there is something with print settings. The most important is to choose the correct printer and CD/DVD layout (File > Change Layout) and in the standard print dialog set the media type to printable disc. Also make sure that the Presets option in the print dialog is set to Standard.

For detailed instruction, please read the online help:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/disccover/DCHelp/print_disc.html

Nick
gean

Postby gean » January 26th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I have done every thing that you mention, but still no luck print to cd/dvd.

The frist time I tried I had to play with it but since I printed the first one no luck at all. I have a canon ip4200 printer and the current version of software driver version is: 10.36.2.0. There is no date, and not sure if this is the latest one?

I don't know what to say, but I sure would likt to print disks. Like I mention it did print one disk and that I can send a picture if you like it printed on bottom of disk "disc cover trial version" and now I can't get any results. Is it possible that the somthing happened to printer from use of software?

thanks

gean
Nick

Postby Nick » January 27th, 2011, 7:44 am

Hi gean,

1. Does the preview in the standard print dialog (after clicking the next button) displays the disc label correctly?

2. What happens when you click Print with Disc Cover and the printer? Are there any error or warning pop-up messages?
Does the printer indicate anything (blinking LEDs, or maybe the printing head move in a strange way)?

2. Can you print on regular paper?

3. Printer manufacturers usually provide a simple CD/DVD printing utility. If you have one, can it print on disks?
If any other software cannot print on discs as well, try to reinstall the printer drivers.

4. Check out these settings.
The print dialog of Disc Cover:
Output: Direct to CD/DVD
Tray Type: Canon Tray Type B, C, D (CD Tray)
Printer: your Canon IP4200

The system print dialog:
Presets: Standard
Media Type: Printable disc

Nick
gean

Postby gean » January 27th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Hi Nick,

To answer you questions as best I can.
1. Yes

2. Yes "Error Number : 1851 Printing cannot be executed because the Inner Cover is open. 1. Check that the CD-R tray has been removed. 2. Close the Inner Cover, and then press the RESUME button on the printer. Printing will restart."

3. Yes I printed on regular paper when I closed the cd/dvd tray cover.

4. I have every thing the same as you have listed except "media type" printable disk.

Like I said I do have a disk with the "disk cover trial version" but it only printed once. I deleted the print driver and reinstalled, and still get the same error as metion above in number 2.

I really do want to get this corrected, and I appreciate that I can use the software without purchasing, first. If we can get it to print I will purchase the program. Have dvd to print and I don't like using lables.

gean
Nick

Postby Nick » January 28th, 2011, 7:41 am

2: This is a typical message telling us that the CD/DVD printing wasn't set up properly, and the printer driver expects that you will print on paper. According toy your answer 4, the media type was set to paper. This post
http://www.belightsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9339
contains images showing the location of the needed option.

Nick
gean

Postby gean » January 28th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Hi Nick;

I think that I have figured out what happened. I downloaded the program "art test". I did this after I printed my first disk. I called Apple and take to there support but the didn't help as it wasn't an Apple product, I refering to my printer.

What I did was install my back up that I had before I downloaded art test and had printer the frist cd. It worked. I tried to do it again, and no problem. Tomorrow I going to try it after the computer has been tuned off for the night. I believe this was my problem.

I will let you know in further post.

gean
Nick

Postby Nick » January 29th, 2011, 12:51 pm

By the way, if you have any questions regarding Art Text, you can post them here or email to support@belightsoft.com
Art Text is our product.

Nick
gean

Postby gean » January 31st, 2011, 4:10 pm

Hi Nick;

I have printer several dvd, and am satified that the product is what I want since I can print them with my Imac. How ever I have one question. When I purchase the product, do I get a key to unlock it or do i have to redownlod the program. (this is what botther me)

thank you for the time

gean
Nick

Postby Nick » February 1st, 2011, 4:02 am

Hi Gean,

You don't need to redownload and reinstall the program. Input the license code to get all features unlocked (or to remove the watermark).

Nick
gean

Postby gean » February 1st, 2011, 1:37 pm

Nick,

Thank you for the response, I going to down load the program now. And please keep up the good work to the product.

gean
Dargen

Re: printing cd/dvd

Postby Dargen » April 9th, 2018, 6:50 am

Lucky for me. Faced the same problem, but already had a response to it. Thanks to all the guys who responded! Nick from Ukraine, you generally thank you very much Glory to Ukraine!) Your advice saved me...

Well, if, of course, in general, somebody else is sitting here as the guys wrote 7 years ago :(

Who am I kidding? - of course there's no one here ... I'm talking to ghosts ... I'm going crazy ...
Igor Lizunov

Re: printing cd/dvd

Postby Igor Lizunov » April 11th, 2018, 9:59 am

Dargen wrote:Lucky for me. Faced the same problem, but already had a response to it. Thanks to all the guys who responded! Nick from Ukraine, you generally thank you very much Glory to Ukraine!) Your advice saved me...

Well, if, of course, in general, somebody else is sitting here as the guys wrote 7 years ago :(

Who am I kidding? - of course there's no one here ... I'm talking to ghosts ... I'm going crazy ...

And they are answering... %)

Return to “Disc Cover”