The Missing Manual

Nick

Postby Nick » April 23rd, 2013, 6:29 am

Hi

Anyone who needs details on Rails can find them here:
http://www.nickshubin.com/articles/mac/2013/rails_manual.html

In this article, I'm explaining basics of the game, and sharing my personal experience.

Feel free to tell about your own tricks to pass difficult levels. By the way, which were the most difficult?

Nick
kmwgrace

Postby kmwgrace » May 21st, 2013, 5:10 pm

This looks great! I would also love to see a level guide - as in
Level 1 - regular trains
Level 2 - all snakes
Level 3 - etc...

This would help with completing achievements. I've completed all 60 levels with 3 stars, now I'm going after some of the other achievements. Currently I'm trying to find the all bumper car level to get the # of trains in yard achievements but I can't find it. I'll have to click on every level in Chapter 3 until I do... annoying.

The hardest levels are definitely the ones where there are bomb trains and no way to clean them up after an explosion - no repair train and no pick up debris tool. I never thought I'd get 3 stars on those. I think one of them is level 53, and IIRC there's one in chapter 2 as well.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 22nd, 2013, 2:21 am

Thanks for your idea of the level guide! I will include it in the third part of the manual.

The Bumper trains first appear on level 41. They are combined with regular trains. On 52, there are only Bumpers. On several other levels between 52 and 60, Bumpers are combined with trains that aren't easy to manage.

Nick
mashby

Postby mashby » June 26th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Nick,

Thank you for creating this manual. It was a big help in planning my strategy and generally becoming more familiar with the game.

Thank you.

Return to “Rails”