Can we start a thread on desired improvements to SP3? Here's my initial thoughts -
1. PLEASE bring back fine control of commands with up/down arrows - the loss of these is a real drag on usability, particularly the rotate and text tools. The new arrangement doesn't seem to have any fine control using a mouse. For instance in SP2, spacing between characters clicks up/down 0.2 at a time, but, in SP3, the slider jumps by 10x that amount, which is hopeless, then needing a typed entry to control it, and again and again if its not right.
2. Split the 'View Mode' button into two so that each button can logically sit above its respective part.
3. Bring back the floating Inspector - the fixed arrangement is a big waste of screen space.
4. Move the Pages control back to the side - now possible with the Inspector floating! The new arrangement just doesn't work in any meaningful way.
5. Better control of guides - bring back right-click to add guide. Option to add guide where arrow is would be even better rather than always in the middle.
These are my main desires at the moment - there is much to like about SP3, but it can be a lot better with a little fine tuning!