BeLight Software Forum

Sidebar

March 28th, 2012, 3:03 pm

A search didn't turn up this topic - hope it's not a duplicate. Before the update I could view all the pages in my newsletter in the righthand sidebar. I could easily move text boxes and images between the pages as I did layout. Also, I create the newsletter 11x17 for the printer; then move objects to added pages for regular 8.5x11 .pdf emailing.

I see the "pages" icon at the top of the page but I can find where I can have the pages back on the sidebar. I can't drag objects from one page to another because when I click the object, the pages panel automatically closes. I suppose I could cut and paste the object to the new page but dragging was so much easier.

Have a missed a preference somewhere? I need the pages sidebar back.

TIA!

Yvonne
YvonneinSonoma

March 29th, 2012, 4:07 am

Hi Yvonne,

In the current version, the Pages panel can be displayed only at the top. There is no possibility to keep it there permanently. Other users also aren't happy with this change, so probably we'll return the Pages panel to the old place or find an equivalent.

I cannot remember that it was possible in v2 drag and drop objects from one page to another using the Pages panel.

Nick
Nick

March 29th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Hi Nick,

I think you're right about dragging from page to page. I must have been cutting and pasting. But the difference is with the pages on the sidebar I could see where I needed to move the object to. Now I have to cut, go up to the Pages Panel, select a page (it opens), paste the object, go back up to the Pages Panel, reselect the original page, cut, go back to the Pages Panel, etc. I don't know why the Pages sidebar disappeared. It made my work much easier. I hope you put it back.

Elsewhere someone on the forum posted about moving "groups". I guess I'll investigate that but I'm quite disappointed in what I consider a backward step in the upgrade.

Thanks for your response.

Yvonne
YvonneinSonoma

March 31st, 2012, 4:25 pm

I agree with Yvonne, I also miss the sidebar. Can't wait to get it back because this (with all due respect) is no improvement.
Addy

April 1st, 2012, 3:55 am

Add me to the list of those disliking the new Pages panel. Please reinstate the old panel at the side as soon as you can.
sjha

April 2nd, 2012, 4:49 am

With the new sidebar, I've realised we have lost the ability to drag and drop whole pages from one document to another, a really useful and time saving feature. Another reason to reinstate the old design.
Last edited by axys on April 2nd, 2012, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
axys

April 4th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Add my name to the list 'prefer the old sidebar'. Much easier to navigate directly to the needed document. And in the same vein, if layers could be displayed as well, those too would be easier to switch between.
SamSwift

Return to Swift Publisher