BeLight Software Forum

Using File -> Export only exports a single page

January 21st, 2012, 8:41 am

I have a 20 page document which we are looking at getting printed commercially. When I choose file -> export the options for a PDF appear along with the option to convert text to curves.

I click export and then the program generates a pdf of page 1 only - bizarrely according to the info at 419 x 595 resolution.

Any suggestions - or I might try printing it with imposition as a pdf to make it easier for the printer?

sp version 2.3.8 on Lion 10.7.2
gilescooperuk

January 21st, 2012, 2:16 pm

Hi,

Try to export the Research template from the Folded Booklets category of the Assistant with "Convert Text to Curves" activated and all other options deactivated. Will Swift Publisher work correctly?

If the program works with the template but doesn't with your document, please send it to support@belightsoft.com providing the link to this topic.

Did you export to PDT using any other options?

You can use the printing procedure to export your document to PDF.

I cannot say if you need to activate the imposition option. This depends on the requirements of the printing company.

Nick
Nick

January 22nd, 2012, 8:16 am

I tried this again last night....

If I am on page one of a document and choose export then I only get the first page exported.

If I am on any page other than 1 and choose export then I get the full document exported.

I think the technical name is a 'undocumented feature' ;-)

Giles
Last edited by gilescooperuk on January 22nd, 2012, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gilescooperuk

January 23rd, 2012, 5:22 am

It's quite strange behavior. On my computer the whole documents is exported whatever page is selected.

Nick
Nick

Return to Swift Publisher