Toggling Layers

greenpeas

Toggling Layers

Postby greenpeas » August 16th, 2017, 10:51 am

Going between Foreground and Background used to be much easier to access. Currently in v5 it is really a process to switch, compared to before.

Can a toolbar toggle button be added? Or even a toggle on edit pages (thumbnails at top)

Thanks!
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - John 1:10
Linden

Re: Toggling Layers

Postby Linden » August 16th, 2017, 6:43 pm

Hi greenpeas

Was always under the impression that if you could eliminate one click of a mouse for a repetitive task as the new SP5 Layers panel does, that over the course of a day you would be more productive. Confused as to why the two clicks of the mouse method to switch Layers in previous versions of SP is "much easier" to the one click method now in SP5? Apologize if I didn’t understand your request correctly.
greenpeas

Postby greenpeas » August 28th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Linden wrote:Hi greenpeas

Was always under the impression that if you could eliminate one click of a mouse for a repetitive task as the new SP5 Layers panel does, that over the course of a day you would be more productive. Confused as to why the two clicks of the mouse method to switch Layers in previous versions of SP is "much easier" to the one click method now in SP5? Apologize if I didn’t understand your request correctly.

I guess I'm not familiar with SP5's layer panel. Can you explain where I will find it, and how to toggle between layers?
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - John 1:10
Linden

Postby Linden » August 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Hi Greenpeas
The Layers Panel is located at the bottom of the Inspector Panel and is always visible regardless of which Tab you are in. It shares a panel with the new Grid set up feature. You can toggle between the two by simply clicking on the respective icons. Also the vertical size of the Layers panel can be increased or decreased by placing mouse cursor over the light grey line above the icons, clicking and dragging up or down. Hope this helps
Nick

Postby Nick » August 29th, 2017, 4:49 am

There are also the "Cmd-[" and "Cmd-]" shortcuts that let you quickly run through all layers in your document one after another. You can find the respective commands in the Arrange > Layers menu.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”