Exporting slim cover and printing pdf - issues with margins

greenpeas

Exporting slim cover and printing pdf - issues with margins

Postby greenpeas » June 15th, 2016, 6:15 pm

This is ver. 3.1.3 (v700) on El Capitan. Long time BeLight customer!

When I export a pdf from Disc Cover for a slim cover DVD case (7mm case) when printing, even if I add bleed space, I am still getting some cut off on the right and left margins when I print.

Any tips on extending the background image? or at least having it show up better when printing? If I use a dark background image, when cutting the edges off, it gives me a white border, which I don't want.

Thanks for any advise!
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - John 1:10
greenpeas

Re: Exporting slim cover and printing pdf - issues with margins

Postby greenpeas » June 15th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Sorry, I obviously put this in the wrong place. Moderator, please move if you need to!
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - John 1:10
Nick

Re: Exporting slim cover and printing pdf - issues with margins

Postby Nick » June 17th, 2016, 8:42 am

Hi

The problem may happen when the printer cannot print from edge to edge. Inkjet printers often have such unprintable area along the paper edges. Some printer that are capable to use the whole area of the page may require additional settings. For example, the paper list can include "A4" and "A4 (borderless)" options. Only the second option will let you print without white margins.

You can verify at what stage you graphics is cut in this way. Export your design. Then compare the exported image with the print preview and with what was printed. If the exported image is OK, you can try to print it using other program (such as Preview). Also you can try to print on another printer.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”