Design Area Problem

MustBJones

Design Area Problem

Postby MustBJones » May 18th, 2016, 3:48 pm

I have had several crashes, and Force Quits (Application not Responding). Each time I usually can recover ok. Today however, when I re-launched the application, the design area was compressed into a very small area, with a BIG area of useless space. How do I enlarge the design area to the right?

I tried to attach a screen capture but the Forum software said it was too large.
Nick

Re: Design Area Problem

Postby Nick » May 19th, 2016, 10:59 am

Hi,

You can send the screenshot to support@belightsoft.com Please add the link to this topic. Also send us your crash logs in order to find out what caused the problem. You can copy all text from the Crash Reporter and send it to us.

To restore the main window, try to choose one of predefined zoom options. In the main menu, select View > Actual Size.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » May 20th, 2016, 4:54 am

Hi

Than you for your files and details. The situation on the screenshot could be caused by the same problem as one you had during saving the document. Another possibility is that that problem is linked to the screen resolution. What kind of display do you have?

The log indicates that the program requested more memory that the operating system could provide. Possibly, you added to the document too big image. Can you please send us the document you are editing?

Nick
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » May 20th, 2016, 7:25 am

Ok. I have an Apple Cinema Display. Latest Mac Pro with 20Gs of RAM.
MustBJones

Postby MustBJones » May 20th, 2016, 9:41 am

The file is 85 MBs. Had to put it in my DropBox account. The link is

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ylx7hqp0v1pi ... HlL-a?dl=0
Nick

Postby Nick » May 24th, 2016, 10:11 am

Thank you for your document. It opens correctly on our computer. Thus, it is difficult to say what was wrong when the document took a part of the program's window.

If the problem repeats, please save the document using the File > Save As menu command and let us to examine it. The developers think that the document saved when the problem is on the screen may contain some useful details.

Nick

Return to “Disc Cover”