Using Card design templates

GadgetHound

Using Card design templates

Postby GadgetHound » October 5th, 2014, 8:29 am

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to use the card design templates in Printworks. Whether it's a business card or a regular card template, all the defaults show as single side output layouts but cards have front, back, insides so how do you work with those pages in the predesigned templates?

I don't see options to add pages in the card templates (although multiple pages are available in other templates) and how do I tell which side of the page I'm working on, in relation to the printed output if I want a bi-fold card, quad-fold card etc? There are no tutorials showing you how to create greeting cards, business cards or how to work with pages in a card template (the page icon is not visible for cards) and when I've modified templates shown, they always print like a postcard - one side of a sheet only, which is not oriented properly for any kind of folding.

Your Business Card Composer product has a Front/Back menu selection in the interface so you know which side of the card you're working on but in Printworks there is nothing readily visible on the interface for cards and there is nothing in the help or tutorial discussing this aspect.
Nick

Re: Using Card design templates

Postby Nick » October 6th, 2014, 2:53 am

Hi GadgetHound,

Printworks provides basic features of Business Card Composer. From our point of view, this must be enough for most users who want to have an all-in-one program. Those who need all features can use Business Card Composer.

Back to Printworks. To create two sides of the same card, you can save its front and back sides to separate files.

...when I've modified templates shown, they always print like a postcard - one side of a sheet only, which is not oriented properly for any kind of folding.

The problem with orientation may mean that you didn't select a proper paper layout for your card. The Document tab of the Inspector displays the current paper layout. To change it, click on the Change Layout button and select a new one from the list.

Nick

Return to “Printworks”