Selecting iPhoto library crashes Printworks 1.0.1

nickpeers

Selecting iPhoto library crashes Printworks 1.0.1

Postby nickpeers » August 7th, 2014, 8:07 am

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting PrintWorks to open my iPhoto library (6.4GB in size, in case that's important) without crashing and reopening. It's my default library, and I've tried it in both my original user folder and from another data folder where I have to grant PrintWorks access to it. It opens fine in iPhoto, and I've tried all the built-in repair options available on the library with no success.

Long story short, it crashes with the following error:
Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: KeyList)'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Could this be a bug with the program, or is it definitely linked to the library? I have to use App Cleaner to wipe all the program's preferences, then re-run it and choose another library (which does appear to work) in order for it to run.
Nick

Re: Selecting iPhoto library crashes Printworks 1.0.1

Postby Nick » August 7th, 2014, 9:34 am

Hi nickpeers,

Please send the details listed below to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.
To collect log messages, you need to repeat the problem with iPhoto again.

1. Crash log. The Crash Reporter window opens up automatically. Click on the Report button and copy all text from the Crash Reporter window to your email.

2. The Console log. To save it, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

3. Version of iPhoto on your computer. To find this out, open it and select iPhoto > About iPhoto in the main menu.

4. The location of your iPhoto library. Is it on the system drive, or or on a drive connected via network or USB?

5. At what moment exactly Printworks crashes? When you click on a camera icon in the left panel, normally the program displays a list of albums and folders at the top. In the lower part, you can see previews of pictures or only their frames if the previews haven't been created yet. What can you see?

Until we fix the problem, you can copy and paste your photos from iPhoto to Printworks.

Nick
TarasBulba

Postby TarasBulba » September 1st, 2015, 8:10 am

I have the same problem. When the camera icon is clicked, Printworks 1.1 quits half a second later. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.4.

This was happening with Swift Publisher 4, but the problem was fixed in Swift Publisher 4.01 with the "compatibility with Mavericks 10.9."

So hopefully you can make Printworks more compatible with Mavericks as well.

Cheers.
:wink:
Nick

Postby Nick » September 2nd, 2015, 8:39 am

Right, there is the same bug in Printworks which prevents you from using your photo library. The developers are aware of this problem.

Nick
TarasBulba

Postby TarasBulba » September 28th, 2015, 3:36 pm

When is this being fixed? Its quite inconvenient not being able to use iPhoto directly from within Printworks.

Thanks
Ajax

Postby Ajax » October 1st, 2015, 5:50 pm

I can't define any certain timeframe but Printworks should get an update soon.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **

Return to “Printworks”