BCComposer 5 and Mavericks

tonyt

Postby tonyt » November 6th, 2013, 6:58 am

Hi
First post here - is the latest version of BCComposer OK with Mavericks?
Cheers
tonyt
Nick

Postby Nick » November 6th, 2013, 7:52 am

Hi tonyt,

It is compatible with Mavericks.

Nick
jmpennington

Postby jmpennington » November 6th, 2013, 2:48 pm

I purchased Business Card Composer 5.1.5 in “2011? Not sure”. With Mac changed to mavericks I had it upgrade BCC to 1.5.6. Because I could not open BCC 5.1.5, I could not get my access key. I need the number, another. Or are you going to charge me for the upgrade? I hope not, because I love this program. I am going to do a clean install of mavericks on my computer. Not Belightsoft's problem.

Respectfully

James Pennington
Nick

Postby Nick » November 7th, 2013, 7:33 am

Hi James,

If you purchased version 5, you don't need to pay for the Mavericks compatible update. If you have a license for an earlier version, you can buy update on our site.

Nick
IvorFreedman

Postby IvorFreedman » November 16th, 2013, 6:40 am

Hi all. I am having a problem exporting to .pdf, since I updated to Mavericks. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a solution?
Nick

Postby Nick » November 16th, 2013, 11:43 am

Hi IvorFreedman,

To localize the problem, we need some more details:
1. Can you export a PDF through the printing procedure? To verify this, choose to print your card. In the system Print dialog, select Print > Save as PDF.

2. Try to export a blank card to PDF. Will the program create a PDF with a blank page? If not, explain what happens. Does the program behaves as everything is alright, or stops responding, or quits unexpectedly?

3. Can you export your card to a TIFF file?

4. After unsuccessful attempt to export, save the Console log and send it to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

If there are any other popup messages, send them to us as well. As a rule, you can copy the message text to an email.

Nick
IvorFreedman

Postby IvorFreedman » November 16th, 2013, 2:10 pm

I have tried the Print> select pdf route and that works.

When I try Export> pdf it does not work. Nor does it work blank.

I have noticed that the program stops responding after selecting Export>pdf

Export>tiff does work.

By console log do you mean the error report that goes to Apple?

I will try
Nick

Postby Nick » November 18th, 2013, 4:45 am

The popup window with a hang log (showing the "send to Apple" button) and the Console log contain different information. Two of them are needed. How to get the Console log is described above. The hang report can be copied to an email body or sent as a text file attached to your message.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”