Rails Beta Flood

RayEast

Postby RayEast » December 25th, 2012, 6:24 am

Hello!

Thanks for taking part in the Beta phase of Rails for iPad. And if any of you are interested in participating and haven't yet signed up, please send us an email to info@belightsoft.com with 'Rails Beta' in the Subject field.

As mentioned before, feel free to give us feedback on Facebook, Twitter, or by email. But we'd like to bring the meat of the discussion here so that we can interact a bit more.

We hope you've had a nice Christmas and we look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Ray East
BeLight Software
RayEast

Postby RayEast » December 28th, 2012, 6:12 am

Hello!

We recently put up a new build of Rails that included some newly added devices and fixed a few issues. If you don't see the build, it is likely that you haven't added a device. To add a device, follow the instructions in the email sent by TestFlight after signing up.

After a week of playing the game, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

Questions:

1. What level have you gotten to?

2. How have you found the gameplay so far? Is it enjoyable? Is it too difficult or too easy? And if it's difficult, which moments do you find most difficult?

3. How do you find the music?

4. Have you logged in through the Game Center?

5. Have you run into any problems (means: bugs)?

6. What do you think could be done to improve the game further?

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

Ray East
BeLight Software
rmichaelf

Postby rmichaelf » December 28th, 2012, 6:03 pm

The immediate comment I'll make has to do with the Tutorial. English is not an easy language. Where you corrected "leaded" to "lead" it should be "led" (unless you meant "a soft malleable metal") Also, while I have sound during the BeLight sheep floating initialization screen, I have no music. I'm also unsure of what causes the traffic lights or if they're just random. Just a few thoughts for the moment...
Nick

Postby Nick » December 29th, 2012, 9:10 am

Hi rmichaelf,

Thanks for the first comment. We'll revise the text of the tutorial.

The traffic lights aren't random. If you mean the location, they appear on the ends of curved segments.

Nick
Alexander

Postby Alexander » December 29th, 2012, 9:46 am

Hello,
here are my answers to the questions:

1. I reached Level 3 at Chapter 1

2. First I was not sure if I like the gameplay, but now I like it so far. It's not so easy I expected, so for me it's more enjoyable if you reach the next level. Most difficult for me is, if one train is driving to a station and a few seconds before the train reach this station comes another train outside and crashes immanently into the other train. Thats a bit frustration, because I'm not able to build so fast an alternative route or something like this.

3. The music is nothing special, but it's okay for me.

4. Yes, I logged into my Game Center Sandbox account.

5. Yes, after an alert, that my iPad just have 5% Battery life, the Game crashed after a few seconds.

6. I would improve that you have to click a confirm button to build a new route.
Small little help Hud's for the Symbols on the right top would be great, so I can check again what the buttons mean if I forget it. (Could be displayed if I click on Pause)
More traffic lights at curves would also be great.
Lenin Kelvin

Postby Lenin Kelvin » December 29th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Hello guys, here are my comments:

1. What level have you gotten to?
Level 12

2. How have you found the gameplay so far? Is it enjoyable? Is it too difficult or too easy? And if it's difficult, which moments do you find most difficult?

I like the game play, it is fun and engaging. I think it has been fairly easy but I'll wouldn't change the difficulty at all. The most difficult think for me is planning how my track should be laid out. I don't understand the rules for that. I would like to be able to erase tracks to rebuild them in a better way.

3. How do you find the music?

The music is ok, not too distracting and memorable enough.

4. Have you logged in through the Game Center?

Yes.

5. Have you run into any problems (means: bugs)?

Just one, I don't think I am able to mute and unmute the music from within the game. I can mute it from the main menu.

6. What do you think could be done to improve the game further?

Adding some coloring scheme to indicate which paths to build tracks are forbidden.
Alexander

Postby Alexander » December 30th, 2012, 10:21 am

Lenin Kelvin wrote:I would like to be able to erase tracks to rebuild them in a better way.

This is a good feature request!
Nick

Postby Nick » December 31st, 2012, 1:07 pm

Thanks for participation in beta testing. Please find my comments below.

Alexander:

2. To avoid collisions near the station, I create an alternative track. Less effective is to use a semaphore on the curved exit from the station. When the Boost bonus is available, sometimes I speed up the train that enters the station and this way avoid the collision.

5. We'll try to repeat the situation with flat battery. What version of iOS do you have?

6. We'll consider your suggestions. In fact, confirmation may takes some time. At higher levels, trains come out quite soon after starting the game, and you need to add tracks with no hesitation.
I like your idea about hints for the bonus buttons. I'll pass it to the programmers.

Lenin Kelvin:

2. We will think about the option to delete tracks.

5. This is a bug. For me, the first time I turn the music and sounds off, the music continues playing. Then, if I turn it on and mute again, the second time it works correctly.

6. We'll consider this feature.

Nick
Alexander

Postby Alexander » January 3rd, 2013, 12:41 pm

Nick wrote:2. To avoid collisions near the station, I create an alternative track. Less effective is to use a semaphore on the curved exit from the station. When the Boost bonus is available, sometimes I speed up the train that enters the station and this way avoid the collision.

5. We'll try to repeat the situation with flat battery. What version of iOS do you have?

6. We'll consider your suggestions. In fact, confirmation may takes some time. At higher levels, trains come out quite soon after starting the game, and you need to add tracks with no hesitation.
I like your idea about hints for the bonus buttons. I'll pass it to the programmers.

I use iOS 6.0.1 on my iPad 2.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 4th, 2013, 5:18 am

Thanks.

Nick
Alexander

Postby Alexander » January 16th, 2013, 2:37 am

Is it possible to give us (the active beta testers) a promo code for the beta testing?
Would be really great if it is possible ;)
Nick

Postby Nick » January 16th, 2013, 4:28 am

Hi Alexander,

Yes, it's possible. We'll contact you on this issue.

Nick
Alexander

Postby Alexander » January 17th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Hello Nick,
great to hear that :)
How do you want to contact me? Via Email?

Alex
Nick

Postby Nick » January 18th, 2013, 6:00 am

Hi Alex,

Sorry for delay. We planned to send emails to beta testers. We'll do this as soon as possible.

Nick
Alexander

Postby Alexander » January 18th, 2013, 7:04 am

Hi Nick,
thanks, I've received the email ;)

Will the Mac App also be tested by beta testers?

Return to “Rails”