Can't Email File

Earb

Postby Earb » June 30th, 2011, 3:50 am

I have been trying to email a bcard file from my mac with no success. Outlook wants to compress the file and when it is received at the other end it come as a folder with a pdf. I have tried using hotmail but it just ghosts the bcard so I can't select it as an attachment. Any ideas?
Nick

Postby Nick » June 30th, 2011, 4:02 am

Hi Earb,

Compress the bcard file before emailing it. Right-click on it and choose the Compress option.

One who receives your file will need to decompress it. On Mac it can be done by double-clicking on the file.

Nick
Earb

Postby Earb » July 6th, 2011, 2:00 am

Thanks for the advice Nick. Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work. Originally I was allowing Outlook to automatically compress my file but I took your advice and compressed them before I emailed them. I still have the same problem at the receiving end. Both of us have the appropriate software but when the files are uncompressed we are just getting a folder with a PDF and a few other files (not the original bcard file).
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » July 6th, 2011, 5:19 am

Hi Earb
This folder is the actual BCC document: a special kind of folder called "package".
Normally, you don't see it as a folder but as a document.
Verify if its name has the correct extension (.bcard) and add it if necessary.
Does it make a difference?
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » July 15th, 2011, 8:12 am

If BCC is installed on the computer that receives your email, the file will look as a single file because the operating system associates the document with a certain application. Otherwise the document looks in the Finder as a folder with some content. Without BCC you cannot open a .bcard document.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”