Printing Banners?

algmotel

Postby algmotel » February 7th, 2010, 9:06 am

Is there a way in Swift Publisher to make and print banners? I remember Microsoft publisher could do it.... but Swift seems to be unable.... or I couldn't find it..?
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » February 7th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Hi algmotel
You have to define a custom paper size (from any application).
In this example we will use SP:
- open the Document Setup panel (File>Document Setup…)
- click on the Page Setup button (top right of the panel)
- set "Format for" to "Any Printer" unless you own the right printer (the printer that will be used to print this banner)
- from the Paper Size menu select Manage Custom Sizes… at the bottom of the menu
- here's an example of a 200 cm x 30 cm banner paper size

- then from SP select File>Document Setup…
- click on Page Setup then select your custom paper size from the Paper Size menu

Note that these custom paper sizes are available from any application.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nannuu

Postby Nannuu » February 23rd, 2011, 3:58 pm

I should have mentioned this in my original post, but better late than never. I'm presently using 'Print Shop 7.0 for Mac'., and it works GREAT! The problem is that it only runs in system 9.2.2 and below. For some reason, they didn't upgrade to the newer operating systems. I'm running a dual system Mac, 9.2.2. and 10.4.11, and would prefer a program that runs on 10.4.11 and above.
I select the orientation, fold and paper size for the project and it does the rest, period. All I have to do is follow the layout for the card I want to create, put my card stock back in after it prints the first side, and it prints the second side. From there I just fold it according to the size and orientation that I chose.
I can create quarter-fold cards, half-fold cards, tri-fold cards, and note cards in whatever format I want, be it tall or wide. Also banners.
This program is a dream, believe me, BUT, I have to upgrade to the newer operating system and need a program of the same caliber to replace Print Shop. And this is why I'm looking at this program. If I could download a copy of the program to test, I would, but I can't as I'm presently using a slow, and I do mean S-L-O-W, (28,8 bps.) modem. Long story - no need to get into it...
If you think that BeLight's program is as good and runs on 10.4.11 and above, including Intel, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks so much for your input, Nannuu
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » February 25th, 2011, 6:07 am

Nannuu wrote:I select the orientation, fold and paper size for the project and it does the rest, period. All I have to do is follow the layout for the card I want to create, put my card stock back in after it prints the first side, and it prints the second side. From there I just fold it according to the size and orientation that I chose.
I can create quarter-fold cards, half-fold cards, tri-fold cards, and note cards in whatever format I want, be it tall or wide. Also banners.
Nannuu

Hi Nannuu
Well, what can I say?!
Included with SP, there're some Flyers/Brochures […] templates as you can see here:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swiftpublisher/samples.php
It's really easy to create your own templates from scratch or from customizing "factory" ones adding some guides, columns with gutter and using master pages for multi pages documents.

Btw., no way to get better (quicker) Internet access, even from a PC then download SP (40MB) and burn a CD or save the dmg file on an USB card?
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nannuu

Postby Nannuu » February 28th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Been all over the site - LOVE what I'm seeing, BUT!.....
Seems I can't buy it on a disc? That doesn't seem logical as the FULL program, with all the bells and whistles, is quite large.
I guess that unless one has a high speed connection, one is out of the loop! Aw well.....
Someone out there will have a program of the same quality that I can buy on disc, and sooner or later I will find them.

Thanks so much for your help, Nannuu :)=)
Nick

Postby Nick » March 1st, 2011, 6:24 am

Hi Nannuu,

Think about downloading the program at office, friends, cafe (in case of using a laptop)... Or maybe mac user group.

Unfortunately we don't sell the boxed version of Swift Publisher any more. It's still possible to find this application at Amazon and possibly other web sites. But keep in mind that there can be an older version and you will have to download an update anyway.

Nick
Nannuu

Postby Nannuu » March 1st, 2011, 2:44 pm

Thanks Nick,

I'll check into those possibilities, as I am definitely intrigued by the program. Perhaps there is someone out there that could cut me a disc? Would that even be legal?
Damn, ....I really don't know. Anybody out there know.....? ...Nick? At 28.8bps It'll take me approximately 2-3 days to download the FULL program. And I definitely want the full program!
But, as I said, in the meantime I'll check out your suggestions. Again, Thanks Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » March 2nd, 2011, 5:03 am

This won't cause any legal problems if someone send you a disc with the trial version of our software available on our web site. If you wish to have the full clipart, email to support@belightsoft.com Maybe you will be offered some solution.

Nick
Nannuu

Postby Nannuu » March 2nd, 2011, 12:15 pm

Excellent idea Nick. I'll try that! Thanks!
samdhprint1

Re: Printing Banners?

Postby samdhprint1 » January 1st, 2018, 1:57 am

It was very interesting idea, thanks
Good luck

Return to “Swift Publisher”