mail merge from numbers spreadsheet

Poppy

Postby Poppy » January 7th, 2011, 3:17 pm

How can I insert an extra line for an additional street, to create a mail merge from numbers spreadsheet.

I have found the "mapping" area and insert an extra line. the only way I can get it to work is the map the first street line to "company" and the second street line to "street"

I have tried "other street" and "other work street" - neither work.

Also, once I have saved a specific print list, how can I use this again. As at the moment, I have to create a new list, from numbers, even though I have saved it in the print list.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 8th, 2011, 7:25 am

Labels & Addresses maps one spreadsheet cell to one data field. You can add a custom data field to the address panel in L&A and map the second address line to it. To customize the address panel, right-click on it and choose Split Address Panel. Place the "Custom 1" data field below the street address. Then select all the fields, right-click on one of them and choose Combine Address Panel.

Alternatively, if you have only a few addresses with the second street line, you can place both lines to one cell in the spreadsheet. If you decide to try this, create a backup copy of the spreadsheet.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”