Black backgrounds around inserted images.

burhay

Postby burhay » July 14th, 2010, 10:56 pm

The program was working fine. Then one day i loaded a pre-saved card into the software and all the images on the card have a black square background around them.i can not get it off of the images. I can move the images around and the black background moves with them. how do i get the black off that area to blend with the cards background color?
Nick

Postby Nick » July 15th, 2010, 8:18 am

Hi burhay,

Export a business card in other format probably the black background disappear. Check the TIFF, PDF and PNG formats.

Nick
Cea

Postby Cea » January 20th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Hello Burhay and Nick,

I've been using the program for several years now. This occurs quite often for me, as well.
When the black blocks the image while I am still trying to work on it, it is very, very frustrating. I have not yet exported it out of BCC.

Is there anyway to understand what causes the black to come up in the first place? Perhaps if, at the very least, we had the information, we could avoid the problem in the future. Even better, is there a way BeLight could fix the problem in an update?

Thanks for listening.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 21st, 2011, 5:03 am

Hi Cea,

1. What version of Mac OS is on your computer?
2. What version of Business Card Composer are you using?
3. Were the too dark images added from the built-in clipart or imported?
If the problem happens only with imported images, how the Preview.app displays them?
What is their format (TIFF, JPEG, ...) and color model (RGB or CMYK)? To find out this information, open an image in the Preview.app and press Cmd-I.

Where is a common problem on Mac OS with CMYK images in the JPEG format. A workaround is to use another format or color model.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » January 21st, 2011, 6:00 am

Hi all
A little trick that may help:
- locate a BCC file with this problem
- with a ctrl-click or right-click, select "Display Content Package" (not sure that this is the exact text as I use OS X/Finder in French but i'm sure that this is the only contextual menu item with the word "Package")
- from there, you may see different files used in this BCC document (BCC document is a package and a package is a kind of folder that looks like a file).
Here's an example of this:

"doc.thread" is the file that contains "structure", text and other data (colors […]) for this file, so don't touch it!
Other files are images used in this document. They may be pdf (as here), tiff, jpeg…
So, you may open them in Preview.app and then see if the black border problem comes from images or from the "doc.thread" file itself.
Caution, don't edit anything, don't change any file name.
Just open images in Preview and see what happens (don't hesitate to copy your file(s) before this).
Hope this helps.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website

Return to “Business Card Composer”