Need most basic help

sandrajn

Postby sandrajn » December 19th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Have just downloaded this. When I opened it up, there were all sorts of names in the address book...I guess the program got them from my e/mail program?

At any rate, I try to edit an address, get it totally changed. SAVE it with a file name, but when I come back to it, none of the new information is there, just the original name.

I need the most BASIC information of how to create or edit a new file of names.

Please help!!
Sandra
Nick

Postby Nick » December 21st, 2009, 4:52 am

Hi Sandra,

Labels & Addresses imports contacts from your Address Book and displays in the side panel.

At any rate, I try to edit an address, get it totally changed. SAVE it with a file name, but when I come back to it, none of the new information is there, just the original name.

Please give more details on this. Did you edit an address in Labels & Addresses? Where? On the canvas?
You saved a document but after re-opening it contained the original address, not the one you saved, right?

I need the most BASIC information of how to create or edit a new file of names.

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to create. Is it a list of names for merge printing?

Nick
sandrajn

Postby sandrajn » December 21st, 2009, 9:40 pm

I am trying to update the names in LABELS & ADDRESSES. When I update the information (on the main screen, not on the side panel) and save it, opening it back up gives me the original, non-updated info.

Since it imports contacts from my address book, is it THERE that I should type all of my address-label info?

Is there a booklet somewhere I can get for this program? The online help presumes a lot. I'm starting to think I bought too complicated a program for a very simple need.

Thanks you for taking time to try to help!
Sandra
Last edited by sandrajn on December 21st, 2009, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 22nd, 2009, 6:46 am

Hi Sandra,

I am trying to update the names in LABELS & ADDRESSES. When I update the information (on the main screen, not on the side panel) and save it, opening it back up gives me the original, non-updated info.
Since it imports contacts from my address book, is it THERE that I should type all of my address-label info?

The program inserts information from address book when you select a contact on a side panel. I cannot repeat the situation you describe. If I select a contact from my Address Book, edit it on the canvas and save, after reopening all new information is present. The program's behavior you describe is abnormal.

What section in the side panel show up when you start the program (with contacts or images)? Do you select anything there before an address is replaced with the original one?
If contacts are displayed by default, is any selected? Does it correspond the address that substitutes the information you have added manually?
Is it your contact ("Me" in Address Book)?
Did you pick the original information from the side panel?

Also please tell me what versions of the program and Mac OS you have. To see the version of Disc Cover, choose Disc Cover > About Disc Cover in the main menu. For the version of Mac OS, click on the Apple menu and select About This Mac.

Is there a booklet somewhere I can get for this program? The online help presumes a lot. I'm starting to think I bought too complicated a program for a very simple need.

There is a user manual:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/support.php
but I'm afraid it will not help to overcome the problem. It contains the same instructions as the online help.

I'd like to repeat the problem on my computer to find a workaround. This is why there are so many questions.

Nick
sandrajn

Postby sandrajn » December 23rd, 2009, 9:40 am

My Mac is version 10.6.2 with OS X Snow Leopard.
Labels and Addresses is version 1.5.1
When I open the program, the contact list of names is in the left pane. Then I click on Recent Documents to open up the one that I tried to edit. If I have added a new name to my address book, it will appear on the main screen in Labels. BUT any changes I have made, either to the address book OR to Labels, will NOT appear.

I made a test entry in the address book, complete with full address and it appeared in Labels. But the entries in the address book which I had edited to add streets, towns etc., NONE of those showed up on Labels. Nor did any entries which I edited JUST in Labels appear.

I have put the same info in for streets, towns, X-number of times. It always disappears.

Can I get my money back on this? I have spent hours fiddling with this and all to no avail. I still can't get one darn street or address to show up.

I did already see the "user manual" online, and had noticed that it contained no more "help" than did the help menu on the program.

Again, thank you for your input.
Sandra
Nick

Postby Nick » December 23rd, 2009, 10:20 am

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all details, I'll try to find out what happens.

To get your money back, please email to support@belightsoft.com

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”