Using Printfolio with application updates

Any other suggestions you may have
ebernet

Postby ebernet » November 7th, 2009, 9:15 pm

As new updates of Printfolio units come out, I would like to be able to link to them WITHOUT needing to download the full Printfolio. I would also like to be able to install directly into the PrintFolio units folder and have it automatically update Printfolio to point to these new applications. For example, Business card composer just went from 4.x to 5.x. If I install it, I only get an option to instal into the applications folder. If I then drag it to the Printfolio folder, it co-exists next to version 4.x. If I delete version 4.x, Printfolio will not bring it up unless I rename the 5 version to 4. This has happened with many of your apps as I upgrade them, and it seems silly to download a large Printfolio app, not even knowing if it has been updated with the latest version of each app. This really should be handled in a much better way.

Thank you, and I hope this was a useful suggestion.

Eytan
Nick

Postby Nick » November 8th, 2009, 3:32 am

Hi Eytan,

Thanks, we'll consider your suggestion.

Nick
daveduffus

Postby daveduffus » November 16th, 2009, 5:52 pm

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to piggy-back this thread.

In a similar vein, the recent update of Business Card Composer to V5 has me wondering whether there are any plans to allow a "PrintFolio Upgrade"?

Or are we to purchase each component update individually as they come along?

Cheers!
daveduffus

Postby daveduffus » November 16th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Whoops!
It pays to pay more attention doesn't it?

I just checked the downloads section and noticed you have done precisely what I asked - i.e. PrintFolio upgrade to 1.6.

Hey, thanks for fulfilling my request before I asked for it!! :)

Return to “General”