Skylights and Dormers

Silverfire

Skylights and Dormers

Postby Silverfire » November 30th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Hey, uhm, how do I get the external light from a skylight so show up in the floor below? I have a skylight in my roof, but when I'm in the room, I can move all the way up to the top of the ceiling, but the skylight never shows up. Dormers work the same way. Any ideas?
Silverfire

Re: Skylights and Dormers

Postby Silverfire » December 2nd, 2017, 6:00 am

Turns out the problem is actually something else. I was creating a roof above the current floor, which always lead to a loft floor. Skylights and dormers work fine for that floor, however, the goal was to have skylights and dormers in a roof on the current floor.

I got to this point because whenever I create a roof on the current floor, the autoroof ends up ON THE FLOOR. What the what? Then I can't move the roof. So I end up creating a roof above the floor I'm on which leads to an unnecessary loft story.

Anyone know how to handle this? I saw a "make invisible" item in the context-sensitive menu, so I'll see if I can make the loft floor invisible. Here's hoping...
Silverfire

Postby Silverfire » December 2nd, 2017, 6:14 am

Ok -- this is how you do it. There's a tool called "open rectangle ceiling" or "open poly ceiling" and you use that instead of a ceiling, and voila` -- light from the outside through the upper story comes in. Yay! :D
amingermany

Postby amingermany » December 5th, 2017, 3:57 am

Thank you for posting your answer. I was having the same problem and your post helped me solve it. :D
Silverfire

Postby Silverfire » December 25th, 2017, 11:11 pm

No problem! Glad I could help!

Return to “Live Home 3D”