Straight walls

Margate

Straight walls

Postby Margate » August 6th, 2017, 3:54 am

Hi, I only use the program to produce 2d plans and it is great. There is one thing however that is a total pain. Is there any way to draw a directly straight wall? Sometimes when I am trying to draw the wall straight even if it is snapped to being straight once it get near another wall it will create a very slight angle. This is very frustrating because I want my wall straight not at an angle. I have tried holding down shift whilst drawing a straight wall but this has no effect. Kind of like in Photoshop if I want to draw a straight line with a tool then I hold down shift when I draw and the line is perfectly straight to a multiple of 45 degrees. Is there any way of doing this? :?
allan.gergel

Re: Straight walls

Postby allan.gergel » December 11th, 2017, 1:42 pm

I totally agree! This would be a very useful feature to add to the program.
Nick

Re: Straight walls

Postby Nick » December 12th, 2017, 4:10 am

Hi,

You can draw a wall holding down the Shift key. In this case, the wall will snap to selected angles: 0, 15, 30, 45 degrees and so on.

Also, you can turn off any snapping using this menu command: View > Disable 2D View Snapping,
or hold down the Cmd key while you are moving around a wall end. Control the wall angle using the Info bar which is right below the tool bar.

Nick

Return to “Live Home 3D”