Stairs - how do I make one section longer?

scottf

Stairs - how do I make one section longer?

Postby scottf » June 4th, 2017, 2:32 am

Hi,
I am doing a project that requires the first section of stairs to have about 3 steps then the second section to have about 15 steps.
How do I go about changing the length of the sections of the stairs please?
I can alter the dimensions but this seems to always change both if the sections of the stairs by making it wider but also longer but not changing the number of steps.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Scott
DimA

Re: Stairs - how do I make one section longer?

Postby DimA » June 11th, 2017, 3:21 am

Hello!

Unfortunately Live Home 3D operates with already made stairs allowing just slightly adjust them. Custom stairs design is a huge separate task and it has not yet implemented. Currently we suggest to use Sketchup if you need to create a custom stairs. Also you may try to find an appropriate stairs in the Trimble Warehouse 3D: https://www.livehome3d.com/support/lh3d-help/objects_importing_sketchup.html

To change the properties of an already imported object, use the Type and Representation dialog box. To open it, right-click on the object and choose the Type and Representation item from the context menu. If the imported object is a staircase, you should specify this in the Type and Representation dialog.

With best wishes,
Dmytro

Return to “Live Home 3D”