How can I import library objects from LI3DPro?

VirtHome

How can I import library objects from LI3DPro?

Postby VirtHome » September 21st, 2016, 10:11 am

Hi Guys,
Having good fun going through the new LH3D software. Lovely new things to explore. BUT, I've collected an incredible amount of imported objects (furniture, blinds, decorations, materials etc) in Live Interior 3D Pro. Is there a way I can somehow import objects from those libraries into the new software?
I'm not particularly computer savvy - so simple steps please. I'd hate to have to find them all again in Trimble - I have a hell of a time finding my own files, let alone those tucked away within other software...
Cattis17

Re: How can I import library objects from LI3DPro?

Postby Cattis17 » September 21st, 2016, 10:41 am

I have exactly the same question.
VirtHome

Postby VirtHome » September 21st, 2016, 10:46 am

Hey Cattis17 - see you've joined just today! You'll find the support team here is amazing - they've never let me down with any issue I've had with this software. Good luck - hope you have as much fun as I do with this software...
DimA

Postby DimA » September 21st, 2016, 11:26 am

Hi!

Guys, you may transfer your customized libraries and templates from Live Interior 3D to Live Home 3D!
Follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have updated Live Interior 3D to version 2.9.8(you may check version in About dialog). If not, select menu command Live Interior 3D > Check for Updates.
2. In Live Interior 3D, choose File > Back up Library from the menu in order to create a backup.
3. In Live Home 3D, choose File > Restore Library from the menu and select the backup created earlier. The templates, 3D objects and materials will be added from the backup to the library.

With best wishes,

Dmitry Yunchik
VirtHome

Postby VirtHome » September 21st, 2016, 9:49 pm

Thank you Dmitry - your solution worked perfectly.
pblack02

Postby pblack02 » March 8th, 2017, 11:55 am

What is the best resource for explaining how to maintain a good library of imported materials and objects?
Nick

Postby Nick » March 9th, 2017, 3:54 am

Hi,

There can be different principles, and it is up to you what to choose. A few examples:
- Use the existing categories to store imported objects and materials. You can copy/cut a material from the Imported category and paste it to one that matches it by texture (e.g. wood) or to Matt or Glossy Pain if there is no texture. Objects can be copied from your project and pasted to the object library.

- Another approach is to group imported objects and materials by projects. If most of imported items are intended to be used in only one of your projects, you can create a separate category in the library, name it in the same way as a particular project and store all the project's stuff in it.

- Similarly to the previous, you can group objects by project, but store them as files on your disk without adding them to the library permanently. This may be useful when it is unlikely to use the same objects in different projects.

I hope that other users will tell how they organize their libraries.

Nick
QuaterFrog

Postby QuaterFrog » August 2nd, 2017, 5:52 am

How can I import 3d objects from Artec Studio, which i made by 3d scanning?

Return to “Live Home 3D”