saving as an image

MizFrog

saving as an image

Postby MizFrog » November 1st, 2015, 11:55 am

In Printworks, I used a background image and then added another image on top of that along with some text. I grouped it all. I would like to save that group as a .png file to use in e-mails. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks much.
Ajax

Re: saving as an image

Postby Ajax » November 9th, 2015, 8:08 am

There is no way to save/export part of the document but here is the trick - select what you need in Printworks, CMD+C, run Preview and use "File > New from Clipboard" menu (or press CMD+N). Copied stuff will be the new image which you can save then into any format you need.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
MizFrog

Postby MizFrog » February 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Thanks much. I will try this and see which works best. In the meantime, I found another way. I group the components, copy it, send myself an e-mail and paste into the e-mail. When I get the e-mail, I save the image and it defaults to a .png file.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 22nd, 2016, 10:45 am

To have an easily replaceable background image, you can use this way. Add a second background layer for your second image. Then use the Arrange > Layers > Visible option to make one of images invisible. The list of layers below the toolbar has an eye icon next to each layer. It also can make the layer visible or invisible.

Nick

Return to “Printworks”