Masks, Textures from older version SP

macmac

Masks, Textures from older version SP

Postby macmac » September 29th, 2016, 11:52 am

Hi, I'm a registered user of Swift Publisher and the old Printfolio. I also had an individual license for Swift Publisher 3. Disc Cover, and one of the others. I upgraded to Printworks since it seems Printworks is the upgrade to Printfolio, and from what I read, Printworks contained the full version of Swift Publisher 4. Is that true??

I had made some custom masks that I used to have in Swift Publisher. I placed in the Application Support/Belight Software folder (same folder that houses Clip Art). However those masks do not appear when trying to access them in Masks. I also tried them in Users/Application Supoprt/BeLight Software. I am wanting them to appear in the mask drop down thumbnail in the Appearance Tab. Where should these masks be placed in order to show up with the rest of the masks?

I also saw in the online manual that there was supposed to be a tab for Textures? I don't see that anywhere in the GUI.

Thank you!
Nick

Re: Masks, Textures from older version SP

Postby Nick » September 30th, 2016, 9:53 am

Hi

Printworks contained the full version of Swift Publisher 4. Is that true??

Yes, the features and content of Swift Publisher should be present in Printworks. You can check this chart for details:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/printworks/comparison.php

Where should these masks be placed in order to show up with the rest of the masks?

Try to make use of the Custom mask option available below the previews of the standard masks. It lets you to select one image per time.

To add more images to the Mask library, you need to place your images inside the application bundle. This is not recommended since it can damage Swift Publisher. Anyway, if the program stops working, you can delete it and install a new copy.

To add new masks, make sure that the program is not running. Right-click on the Swift Publisher application in Finder and select Show Package Contents. Then navigate to this folder inside the bundle
Contents/Resources/Masks

I also saw in the online manual that there was supposed to be a tab for Textures? I don't see that anywhere in the GUI.

You might have read documentation of another program, maybe Art Text. Swift Publisher doesn't have any separate library for textures. All images can be accessed using the Source panel (left one in the main window).

Nick

Return to “Printworks”