Doors and Stairs

R0bR

Doors and Stairs

Postby R0bR » September 4th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Hello. Great program, it runs surprisingly well on my Surface RT and the touch controls are well done. I've managed to layout my first floor and basement but am having issues at the moment with two things.

Doors

There's an option to flip the door to the other side but how do you change the door from a left hand to right hand?

Stairs

My floor plan is a bungalow but the entrance is sitting mid height between the main floor and basement. So basically when you walk in you're on the landing and there are 5 steps up to the main floor on the left and 6 steps down to the basement to the right. I can't seem to find any stairs that I can adjust for this scenario, I could probably make it work if there was a way to adjust the number of risers but you seem to be stuck with whatever the object comes with. Also, the stairs would be half height each but changing that just squishes the steps.

That's all I have at the moment but any hints on how to address these would be great!

Thanks.
Nick

Re: Doors and Stairs

Postby Nick » September 5th, 2014, 3:45 am

Hi R0bR

Doors

Live Interior for Windows cannot flip doors as well as other objects. The Mac version which is a bit ahead has this feature, so one of future updates can add this functionality to the version for Windows.

Stairs

Our program cannot adjust the number of steps. If the stairs you need is very basic, you can create it out of several 3D blocks placed one over another and grouped together. Blocks can be found in the library. A more complicated stairs can be imported from Trimble Warehouse if you manage to find an object which suites your project.

Nick
sealight

Postby sealight » January 10th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Not being able to change the door opening direction (right side/left side) is a very serious limitation. Do you know when can we expect this to be fixed?
Nick

Postby Nick » January 12th, 2015, 3:59 am

Hi sealight,

We plan to fix this in the following update. A new feature will make it possible to flip a 3D model and its 2D representation.

Nick
SargeT

Postby SargeT » December 9th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Hi! Still no option to flip a door in 3D? I can see the mirroring options in 2D but this doesn't affect the 3D presentation. And another one question, please: can I virtually _open_ a door by, say, 40⁰?
Thank you!
Ajax

Postby Ajax » December 14th, 2015, 6:57 am

It is not possible to open a door, since it is a static object. But flipping is possible in the latest update of Pro: right-click on the object and choose "Type & Representation…" menu. Flipping buttons are next to the rotation sliders.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
SargeT

Postby SargeT » February 22nd, 2016, 10:01 am

Hi again!
Can't find the right ones.
No buttons next to sliders in 3D tab
2016-02-22 (2).png
2016-02-22 (2).png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 4268 times

and yes there are flippers on 2D
2016-02-22 (1).png
2016-02-22 (1).png (46.96 KiB) Viewed 4268 times

but they affect 2D only.
What am I doing wrong? :)
ver. Pro 2.0.1.760, Win 10.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 22nd, 2016, 10:38 am

Hi

The icons (circles) to the left from the X, Y and Z in your first image are actually buttons. To flip, you can click on those black and white circles.

The 3D Flipping section on this page can give you an idea what each of buttons does:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/liveinterior/win/LI3DHelp/en/objects_type_representation.html

Nick
SargeT

Postby SargeT » February 22nd, 2016, 6:05 pm

Oh, I see. Sorry. I wish you mark sections of the manual as you add or update them. I've taken a look through it but missed the new data and finally came posting here, my bad. Thanks for the link!
...and while I'm here, чтоб два раза не вставать, как говорится, может вы посчитаете нужным этот вопрос перенести в другую тему, any plans on controlling the FOV angle? As I learned from the OSX thread you've implemented it there, how about us? Not very critical feature since you provide export to Collada (then Sketchup and HQ rendering, for instance), but quite useful for walkthrough tour. If controlling the angle is an issue, maybe you just keep it fixed but at, say, 80-85⁰, not so narrow as it is? Or even very wide like 90⁰ – one can always crop a hi-res it if he wishes.
Thanks again!
Nick

Postby Nick » February 24th, 2016, 10:23 am

Hi,

If you wish to switch to Russian, no problem.

The possibility to adjust the FOV hasn't been implemented in the Mac version yet. But we are going to add this feature to the program.

As a workaround, you can try to change the aspect ratio of the main window when it shows the 3D view. For example, if in the full screen mode the aspect ratio is 3:4, then by making the 3D view to take a half of the screen vertically, you'll get 1.5:4 (or 3:8). The program will preserve the angle of view vertically, but it will become wider horizontally. This would work for screenshots, not for videos.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D for Windows”