Importing JPEGS

theaterdesign

Importing JPEGS

Postby theaterdesign » September 3rd, 2014, 12:43 pm

Hi-

In the rooms I design, there is the need to import 2D JPEGs from my pictures and place them on the wall like a picture or artwork would be. Here are some of the issues:

1. First, tried importing as 2D, they would only go on the floor?

2. Then tried importing these 2D JPEGS as 3D, now that option is not available to select 2D/3D they just always import as 3D.

3.Importing my jpegs as 3D would actually work OK IF I could "lock" them to a wall. Cannot find a setting to do this and they follow the camera and disappear into walls depending on the camera location and relative angle?

Thank you.
Nick

Re: Importing JPEGS

Postby Nick » September 4th, 2014, 5:04 am

Hi

To create a wall picture, you need to add your JPEG file to the program as a texture. Then apply this texture to the object. Your workflow depends on the edition of the program you have.

The Pro edition lets you add a new texture to the material library directly. Open the Material Library. Tap on the Import Material button, select the category where the new material should be stored, then select a graphic file as a texture.

The Free edition doesn't have the texture importing feature. So, your way would be a bit longer. Import an image as a 3D Image object. The Material Library should display its texture (that is your image) in the Imported category. Add this texture to the Palette to be able to apply it to objects.

Nick
theaterdesign

Postby theaterdesign » September 5th, 2014, 11:36 am

Hi Nick-

Thanks. But will that apply the texture to the entire wall surface?

To be more specific, I am in audio video. I am trying to take JPEGS of TVs, speakers, etc, then size them to scale, and place them on the walls where the will be in the room layout?

THanks again.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 7th, 2014, 1:10 am

Yes, a texture applied to the wall (floor, ceiling) takes the entire surface. To display a texture inside some rectangular area, add a wall panel from the object library, and apply the texture to it. To set up the wall panel size, use the Object Properties tab of the Inspector. To adjust the size and position of the texture, use the Texture Transform tools from the Object Materials tab.

You may find it helpful to reed the "Creation of a Wall Picture" section on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/liveinterior/LI3DProHelp/auxiliary_images.html
It explains what to do on the Macintosh platform, but the workflow and tools are identical to the Windows version of the program.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D for Windows”