Crashing and floors/walls became transpaent from most views

ccarpediem@hotmail.com

Postby ccarpediem@hotmail.com » April 19th, 2014, 9:27 am

First, love the program! Been using it for a few days and has been by far the best Win8 design program I've found for mix of power and easy usability. Been working great, but a bit ago it crashed and now some areas of the house are having their floors/walls become transparent from most views in 3D mode. Walk around to different places and can sometimes get them to show again temporarily. This is getting to be a pretty big project (almost 50MB). I'm using a Surface 2 Pro with Windows. 8.1 (Intel core i-5 4300-U 8GB of memory).

Also, now trying to use the color picker on the floor near where the floor is "missing" (transparent) now seems to reliably cause the program to crash again. Any ideas if it is possible to fix?
Nick

Postby Nick » April 19th, 2014, 2:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for using our program.

What version is installed on your computer? We have created an update recently.

The problem you have is likely to be caused by the damaged document. A less probable cause is that some program resources are missing.

Please try this:
1. Reboot your computer. Create a duplicate of your project file. Then start Live Interior.

2. Open any of the provided templates. Don't open your project. See if you can edit the template: try the actions that crashed the program with your project. If the same of other problem repeats, it is better to delete and reinstall the program. If the problems don't repeat, pass to 3.

3. It seems that the project is damaged. It can help us to localize the bug if you send your project or download link to support@belightsoft.com Please add the link to this topic.
Open your project in Live Interior, and create one more copy suint the Save As function from the Project Gallery. Resaving sometimes can fix minor problems with document format. Close the original and open the saved-as copy to see if anything has changed.
Also, as an independent attempt to fix the document, try to apply some material to the pransparent parts of the building. This can help if damaged materials cause crashes.

Nick
ccarpediem@hotmail.com

Postby ccarpediem@hotmail.com » April 19th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have version 1.1.2.625. I used "bedroom_01" tempted and tried to use the color picker on the floor. That also caused a crash. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. After the reinstall trying to do the color picker on the same template on the floor still causes the program to crash. Looking at the color of the floor in the "bedroom_01" template, it seems the floor may be the same as what is in my model and trying to use the color picker on that floor may have been when my app crashed for the very first time (though I cannot recall for sure).

After the reinstall, my project also has the same issue with walls/floors seemingly disappearing based on where the 3D view is currently looking from.

My internet is horrible today, but I'll also try toy send my project/file with the wall/floor issues when the internet is reliable.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 20th, 2014, 3:12 am

Hi

Thank you for you detailed answer. Together with the programmers, we'll try to repeat the problem on our test computers. I think that we can begin without your document. Please wait until we analyze the information we already have. If it is necessary, I'll ask you to send us your project later.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » April 22nd, 2014, 5:22 am

We have found out that the program crashes when you use the material picker with reflective materials. Maybe this bug is responsible for crashes on your computer too. We are going to fix it in the next update.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D for Windows”