Import from 3D Warehouse not complete

ameier2410

Postby ameier2410 » March 24th, 2014, 4:18 pm

When I try to import a KMZ model from the 3D warehouse it seems the model doesn't get imported completely. I can see some parts of the model, other parts are filled with grey boxes with a "no print" symbol. What am I doing wrong? I tried several models without success...

Thanks in advance.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 25th, 2014, 3:13 am

Hi

Try to download the same 3D object using a regular web browser (Safari, for instance), and then import it to Live Interior. Can you give me the exact name or download link of such object? I'll try to import it on my computer.

Nick
ameier2410

Postby ameier2410 » March 26th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Hi there, sorry but in the windows 8 version I just can't find a way to import a separate kmz model. I just have the options to import directly from 3d warehouse or import an image...
Nick

Postby Nick » March 27th, 2014, 5:42 am

I thought you are using the Mac version because there is another forum section for the Windows 8.

Anyway, it can help if you tell me what object exactly you tried to import. Will you have the same problem if you import some other object?

Try to import that object again but this time with the "Split Object Instances" option activated. You can find it in Settings > Preferences > Import section. If the object you need was created as a group of parts, the program will try to represent it as a group. Probably, you will be able to ungroup the object, remove damaged parts and use the rest.

In any case, I'd like to import the object too and see what is wrong with it or with the program.

Nick
ameier2410

Postby ameier2410 » March 27th, 2014, 3:41 pm

I have changed the setting from "All instances" to "Shared instances" (maybe I messed around with the setting previously) and now every object gets imported correctly. Thank you, that solved the problem! :)

Andreas

Return to “Live Interior 3D for Windows”