Time Machine Backup of Concealor

thymara

Time Machine Backup of Concealor

Postby thymara » January 4th, 2015, 2:05 pm

I have tried a number of variations of what's mounted and what isn't. The only way I've discovered that Time Machine will backup the bundle is to have no cards mounted and Concealer to be closed.

This is quite inconvenient when I'm using Excel particularly since Excel does not support Revert to. I've noticed that while saving a spreadsheet marks the card as modified the bundle does not show as being modified. Ejecting the card does not update the bundle modified time whereas quitting Concealor updates the modified time allowing Time Machine to do the backup.

Am I missing something or is this just how it works?
Nick

Re: Time Machine Backup of Concealor

Postby Nick » January 5th, 2015, 4:59 am

Hi,

This is how the file system and Time Machine work. As a rule, disk images (what we use as a containers to store files) have limited access when they are mounted. Maybe this prevents the Time Machine from backing up the bundle.

What concerns the Revert To feature, here can be one more issue. The system saves versions of documents you edit only on certain drives. For example, when I edit a text file located on a USB stick, I receive sometimes a message telling that versions cannot be saved on this drive. Identically, a mounted drive may or may not support storing versions of your document.

We will research this question and if possible make some improvements in the program.

Nick

Return to “Concealer”