Can't create new cards

lemarques

Postby lemarques » April 26th, 2012, 10:06 pm

I was using 1.0.8 (Lion 10.7.3) and after I created a card, the card appeared on my list. I locked it and when I opened it again, the card was not there. I tried again for several times, and I upgraded to version 1.1, but the problems persists. Any thoughts?
Nick

Postby Nick » April 27th, 2012, 4:30 am

Hi lemarques,

1. Make sure that you have selected the All category.

2. Do cards of all types (Notes, Accounts and File Storages) disappear after locking and unlocking?

3. Do the newly added cards show up after quitting and re-opening the program (without intermediate locking)?

4. Check out if any messages related to Concealer appear in the Console. Do this:
4.1. Quit Concealer if it is running.
4.2. Open the Console application located in the Applications/Utilities folder. Select All Messages in the side panel. Click on "Clear Display" in the toolbar.
4.3. Open Concealer, log in, add a new Note and quit. Is anything new in the Console?
4.4. Open Concealer again and log in. Can you see a new Note? Were any messages added to the Console?

5. There is a chance that Concealer cannot save changes in the storage any more. This can happen because of file system errors, or because the disk where the storage is located is full.
5.1. In the Finder, right-click on the drive with your storage and choose Get Info in order to see the amount of free disk space. By default, the system drive is used.
5.2. Run the disk verification. Open the Disk Utility from Applications/Utilities, select the disk and click Verify Disk. If there were found any errors, let me know about them.
5.3. In Disk Utility, select the system disk and click the Repair Disk Permissions button.
5.4. Add a new card in Concealer, quit it, then start again and see if the new card is there.

6. Try to run the program with default settings.
6.1. Quit Concealer.
6.2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G). Then copy
~/Library/Preferences/
into the edit box, and click the Go button. Move this file
com.belightsoft.Concealer.plist
to the Desktop. Then start Concealer and repeat 5.4.

Nick

Return to “Concealer”