Concealer v.1.0.7 - master password fixes

Andrew

Postby Andrew » June 30th, 2011, 3:44 am

To all Concealer users,

This is a technical update that fixes master password recognition issues. Version 1.0.7 and complete version changes list available here:
http://belightsoft.com/concealer/update/update.php

View Video Tutorials on Concealer
http://belightsoft.com/products/concealer/screencasts.php
Andrew Cherfas
Sales & Marketing
BeLight Software
wstratton

Postby wstratton » October 19th, 2011, 7:34 pm

I have reinstalled the newest version of Concealer and I still get the password screen and when I put in the password it returns a "wrong password" error. I cannot access my passwords and I am really getting annoyed by your emails that ask the same questions over and over. I KNOW what the password is and the program does not recognized it. Can you please tell me if there is any way to access the passwords or am I simply "screwed?"
Nick

Postby Nick » October 20th, 2011, 5:55 am

Hi wstratton,

The problem you have met is connected with version 1.0.7. In 1.0.8 it was fixed what means that it won't repeat with newly created repositories.

Some users have managed to overcome this problem this way:
1. Create a backup copy of the repository. Its location is displayed in the preferences (Cmd-,).
2. Run version 1.0.7. If it accepts your current password, you are lucky.
3. Choose File > Change Master Password. Type in this temporary password: "abc123". Quit Concealer 1.0.7.
4. Open version 1.0.8. If your repository is located not in the standard folder, you need to specify the path.
5. Once the repository is opened, replace the temporary password with a more secure.

If the described method doesn't work on 10.7 Lion, there is a chance that it will do on 10.6.

Nick

Return to “Concealer”