Hi,

Newly registered GetBackUp Pro user.

GetBackUp Pro ver. 3.0.2
System El Capitan 10.11.3
Source 200 gigs
Target 240 gigs available, newly formatted SSD Drive
Attempted to perform Clone
Log File - Nil
Caffine is running to prevent the Mac from sleeping.

Cloning stalled at 85%. I waited 4 hours, checked again, still stalled at 85%.
So I halted the cloning, and started over. It's running now; I don't know
if it will succeed or not. This second attempt amounts to cloning on top of the
85% attempt. It's at 28% so far; I'll check again in the morning and see if it succeeded or not.

Questions become: Why did it stall?
Will my having run the application again, on top of an incomplete clone, result in a good or corrupt clone?
What must I do to ensure a smooth continuous, single try, successful clone next time?

Any enlightenment will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Nick

Re: GetBackUp Pro Stalled at 85%

Postby Nick » March 28th, 2016, 3:39 am

Hi

Please check if the full log was saved, and if it was, send it to support@belightsoft.com
To get to the log, open the Log window (Cmd-L) and click the Log History button.

Why did it stall?
The log can help to find this out.
For an experiment, try to use system settings instead of Caffeine. In the System Preferences, open the Energy Saver section and grad the Computer Sleep slider to the "Never" position. Don't forget to restore the regular time.

Will my having run the application again, on top of an incomplete clone, result in a good or corrupt clone?
The cloning utility is based on synchronization of two drives. A second time you clone the same source to the same destination, the program finds and fixes the difference. If most of files are up-to-date, the process will be completed faster. Nevertheless, there is a small chance that a broken file could be created on the destination drive since we don't know how the process was interrupted. So, to be sure that the clone is intact, I would clear the destination and clone from scratch.

What must I do to ensure a smooth continuous, single try, successful clone next time?
Normally, the cloning tool doesn't require anything special. The proper formatting of the destination is the most important.

Nick

Return to “Get Backup”