Cannot change sync from bidirectional to left-to-right

GPWinLa

Cannot change sync from bidirectional to left-to-right

Postby GPWinLa » April 1st, 2015, 6:46 pm

GB 2 keeps making my synchronizations bidirectional. My changing the sync to left-to-right or vice versa does not stay that way after I leave that particular task's view page.

GB RE 2.6.1

Running Mac OSX 10.6.8

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Nick

Re: Cannot change sync from bidirectional to left-to-right

Postby Nick » April 2nd, 2015, 5:34 am

Hi

Does the problem repeat when you quit and reopen the program?
I tried to change the synching direction, open another project, and then return to the first one. The direction was correct. Did you have any extra actions?

Please download the regular version 2.6.1 (not RE) from our site and check if the problem repeats with it.

Nick
GPWinLa

Postby GPWinLa » April 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

I dl'd the regular version and opened it. My projects were listed.

1. It would let me change the direction to left-to-right, but if I quit the app and re-opened it, the direction would be bidirectional again.

2. Also, now bidirectional is greyed out, and reads "Bidirectional (Pro)." I cannot select bidirectional, but the syncs are made bidirectional automatically when I quit and restart the app.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 3rd, 2015, 3:32 am

Hi

1. It would let me change the direction to left-to-right, but if I quit the app and re-opened it, the direction would be bidirectional again.

This looks like the program cannot save settings to the hard disk. Do other options appear correct when you change them and restart the program? For example, the path to one of folders and scheduler settings.
Please try this:
1). Create a new synch project and see if its direction is saved correctly.
2). Run the Disc Utility and repair the permissions. This program is located in Applications/Utilities folder. You need to select your system disk and click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
Check if the program works correctly.
3). If fixing permissions didn't help, move this folder:
~/Library/Application Support/BeLight Software/Get Backup 2/Syncs
to your Desktop or other location.
Then run Get Backup, create a test synch project and check if settings retain after restarting the program. If the problem disappeared, the replaced file with settings could be damaged. In such case it is better to recreate your synch projects from scratch.

2. Also, now bidirectional is greyed out, and reads "Bidirectional (Pro)." I cannot select bidirectional, but the syncs are made bidirectional automatically when I quit and restart the app.

The Pro features in the program downloaded from our site require entering a license code, otherwise only free options are available.

Nick
GPWinLa

Postby GPWinLa » April 4th, 2015, 3:00 pm

I got it to work. I ran each project once, as a left to right, and the program remembered the setting after quitting.

Return to “Get Backup”