Get Backup Pro - Files for Incremental backup not found

benburnett

Get Backup Pro - Files for Incremental backup not found

Postby benburnett » March 9th, 2015, 4:48 am

Hi,

In the past week I've finally got round to getting Get Backup setup and running on my Mac. Yay!

It's worked successfully for the first 3 days and when I've come back to my machine after the weekend it's now saying "Files for Incremental Backup are not found".

Any help in identifying the issue would be great! I haven't changed anything and the location of the backups has not changed so I have no idea what's causing this to happen. I'm hoping it's something nice and simple.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Ben.
benburnett

Re: Get Backup Pro - Files for Incremental backup not found

Postby benburnett » March 9th, 2015, 4:53 am

Silly me - just read a few other posts from last year.

Is this message still referring to no file changes? Or has the updated message been included yet?
yesinstitute

Postby yesinstitute » March 9th, 2015, 8:54 am

Hi Ben,
I have the same issue with my weekends (no one works, so no file activity). But not knowing what "other posts" you are referring to," I am guessing that the "Error" message means there were no changes to the files, so there is no incremental file created for that day. IS that what you discovered? It would make more sense if the "error" message was something like - "No changes, therefore no incremental file was created - YEAR-MONTH-DATE."Thank you. Tim
Nick

Postby Nick » March 10th, 2015, 3:40 am

Hi Tim,

The "Files for incremental backup are not found" indicates no error.

Incremental backups add only new and modified files to the current archive. If there is no such files, the program has nothing to backup.

Thanks for you comment regarding the message content. I'll pass it to the programmers.

Nick

Return to “Get Backup”