'Use Schedule agent' preference - feedback

thunderbucket

'Use Schedule agent' preference - feedback

Postby thunderbucket » June 29th, 2016, 4:25 am

Hi Nick!

I've set Get BackUp 3 Pro on a couple machines to do scheduled backups and I was wondering why they didn't seem to be happening on time.

Then I discovered that a preference setting 'Use Schedule agent' was unchecked.

It does seem to me an oversight that the program will allow the user to set up schedules and not advise that the preferences are not properly configured to automatically commence such schedules in the user's absence.

FWIW, I've reconfigured and will look at the machines tomorrow morning and see what they've been up to overnight.

That aside, thanks for a great program - I've now got automated selective backups to iCloud; I'm not aware of any other way to do that...

Kind regards
JB
Nick

Re: 'Use Schedule agent' preference - feedback

Postby Nick » June 29th, 2016, 8:43 am

Hi

Thank you for your comment. I'll tell the developers about the situation you described.

Nick
Daveypez

Postby Daveypez » November 9th, 2016, 5:11 am

Same problem for me - thought the app was faulty when the schedule I set just didn't happen. Surely 'Use schedule agent ' should be set by default?

Same is true for 'Use admin privileges' and 'Save admin access info' as far as I'm concerned.

You've trapped people into thinking they've setup a schedule when they haven't.
Nick

Postby Nick » November 10th, 2016, 8:42 am

Hi

When the schedule is activated in the project properties, the program shows the following message.
agent.png

You might have clicked the Cancel button. Clicking the Install button sets the Use Schedule agent' check in the Preferences dialog.

The program doesn't set the 'Use admin privileges' and doesn't save the admin's info by default because of security concern, and because the user should input the password manually.

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Get Backup”