3D images represented by 2D Vector

VirtHome

3D images represented by 2D Vector

Postby VirtHome » March 24th, 2016, 3:29 am

I've imported some great furnishings, sinks, bathtubs etc but always end up with them represented as squares or rectangles on the 2D floorplan. I cannot create 2D vectors myself...is there a central source available so I can create a custom set? Everything I've tried so far either has an unsuitable border or appears 'grey' on the 2D plan.
Nick

Re: 3D images represented by 2D Vector

Postby Nick » March 24th, 2016, 6:24 am

Live Interior cannot create the 2D representation in a vector format. Try to search for software or online services that vectorizes or traces raster images.

For a better result, you can prepare the original raster image (top view, for instance) by making it more contrast, or removing colors.

Nick
VirtHome

Postby VirtHome » March 24th, 2016, 9:35 pm

Thanks Nick...I'll try modifying the raster as suggested. I do notice some of the imports do look great in 2D, it's only when I merge the object into a single object that I lose it all. Unfortunately it's only by merging that I can change the sizes of the imports...Also really looking forward to the next upgrade (I'm on the current pro version at the moment). Any idea when the release will be available? Love this program...2D floorplans for work....3D...is pure play (like dressing dolls houses!). cheers!
Nick

Postby Nick » March 25th, 2016, 7:00 am

In the Import dialog, there is the "Split object instances" option. For Warehouse, this option is in the Preferences. When it is activated, an imported object can be added to your project as a group. Try to inverse the state of this option and see if this makes any difference.

The following update will be dedicated to fixing a few bugs. I guess, we'll release it within a month.

Nick

Return to “Live Interior 3D”