creating roof and 1st floor - dormers and roof shape

Orpheus

creating roof and 1st floor - dormers and roof shape

Postby Orpheus » October 28th, 2015, 7:56 am

Hi

I've been using Live Interior for 3 years and this is my second renovation project. We have just bought a house and I want to get it into LI before we speak to the architect. Apologies if the desciption is confusing but I've tried my best to explain the problem.....images should explain :)

The house was originally a regular box. However, the ground floor has been extended previously with a flat roof single story extension to the rear. I have build this first with the extension included.

The 1st floor of the house is built into the roof with large dormers to the front and rear.

I cannot get the roof to work properly and need some help! I *think* that I should add a gable roof above the ground floor, pitch it to 45 degrees and add the front and back dormers, and put the rooms in as loft walls. However, if I do this, the roof that is created by LI is way too complicated :)

The only way I can get the roof to look right is to add a 'dummy' first floor (20cm hight) that contains 4 walls (the outline of the original building) and add the roof onto that. That works with the 2 dormer sections and is how I have created the images below However, that is causing me problems because there is a gap between the 1st floor and the loft and I have the feeling that I should be able to do this just by having a ground floor and a loft.

I am enclosing images of how the house 'should' look, the ground and first floor plans:

how it should look:
front.jpg
front.jpg (45.61 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

Plans:
Plans.jpg
Plans.jpg (185.69 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

Roof if I just add it to the ground floor:
Autoroof.jpg
Autoroof.jpg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

Grateful for any help, thanks!
Ajax

Re: creating roof and 1st floor - dormers and roof shape

Postby Ajax » November 9th, 2015, 7:48 am

The latest application update brings up Roof tool which allow you to draw areas (like floor or ceiling) which will represent a roof. And these areas are independent, so you have have mix of types on a single roof.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **

Return to “Live Interior 3D”