Recording a Movie with lights on

kader

Recording a Movie with lights on

Postby kader » July 15th, 2015, 3:34 am

Hello,

First I want to praise this awesome software, Live Interior 3D Pro. I've been using it and getting more familiar with it, and despite some hurdles, Its been a great experience with some amazing results. Together with 3D Warehouse I was able to get the most of the design.

I hope to see some improvement in future updates for more flexibility with roof designs, and also making different level heights allowing for elevated basement but still have the ability to have other structures that are ground level.

Getting to my point, I am trying to make a movie of the 3D design to show it, and I am choosing HD 1080p, and it takes about 2 hours to make it. This is fine, but once I choose to turn on the lights in all the house, it estimates 8 days to make the movie :shock: , which is way too long. This is especially a problem because after the presentation most people suggest some changes and then to remake this is way too time consuming.
Lowering the quality of the movie is not an option.
I am using top of the Line MBPr which was made for Graphic designing, so it isn't the hardware.
My file size is 450MB.
Please let me know what I can do to speed this up!
kader

Re: Recording a Movie with lights on

Postby kader » July 16th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Ok, so I didn't get any replies of good ideas to solve this, but as with everyone, put with a problem we keep trying till we come up with something ...
I realized that even when editing, if the lights are on everywhere, the program was way too slow to work with. So the best I came up with to record the movie with lights on, in an acceptable time length, was to divide the movie into different smaller clips, turning on only the lights of the rooms I was to record for each clip and then join the clips together into a movie with another software ... in this I was able to reduce total time from 8 days to 4 hours...
This was also helpful in that if I had to edit something in the design in a room then I would only need to re-record that clip and join it with the others ...

Cheers
Ajax

Postby Ajax » July 20th, 2015, 4:33 am

I would like to note rendering at highest quality indeed takes lot of time, this is normal for any 3D rendering, especially for animation.
As a trick, you can render into separate MOV files, then open first in QuickTime X, drag over second and it will join them together.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
VirtHome

Postby VirtHome » August 19th, 2016, 6:19 am

I found the technique Ajax suggested worked very well. Edit with lights and shadows off. Record segments and join in QuickTime. Managed to get both floors of my townhouse plus pool and garden surrounds showing nicely..only difficulty was navigating up the staircase, viewer staggered like a drunkard!

Return to “Live Interior 3D”