Straight roof with different length on the same side

icimarc

Postby icimarc » April 19th, 2014, 3:21 am

Please, how could I do a roof with two different overhang ( surplomb ) on the same side ?

Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » April 19th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Hi icimark,

The program doesn't allow to do this directly. Try to use on of these workarounds. Each of them has specific drawbacks.

1. Add a shape from the object library to the project. Than change its size and dimensions to attach to the roof to make it longer on one side.

2. To increase the overhang of a part of the roof slope, you need to split this slope into two parts. You can do this indirectly by adding a wall on the floor below the roof. Where the cut line (for roof) should be, attach a wall segment that is perpendicular the external wall. This segment should begin outside the building, and end in the middle of the external wall. Make this segment as short as possible and as thin as possible. The roof is sensible to the configuration of the external wall and will change respectively. In the 3D view, there will ba a visible "defect" on the external side of the wall, but maybe it won't spoil your picture.

Nick
kader

Re: Straight roof with different length on the same side

Postby kader » June 13th, 2015, 10:44 am

Hi Nick and thanks for your help.

I have tried your 1st option of adding an object but was unable to slant it and make the sides to blend in with the roof.
I have also tried to use your second option and I can accept the little issue with the external wall, but is there a way to make the roof hangover straight and not at an angle?
Attachments
roof overhang.jpg
roof overhang.jpg (239.52 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
Ajax

Re: Straight roof with different length on the same side

Postby Ajax » June 16th, 2015, 12:12 pm

You can adjust segment's angles or switch its type to gable (vertical straights).
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **

Return to “Live Interior 3D”