layers disappeared

Lee

Postby Lee » March 17th, 2011, 11:54 am

Hi, I'm having a problem with layers disappearing. More accurately, that should be that the assets on the layers have disappeared. I created a 6 or 7 layered file, some text and some copied and pasted (fro Indesign) simple vector files. All worked well for a couple of days. Next day, opened the files to find that although the layers are still there, there is nothing displaying from them. I tried a re-size on one of these layers and the grab handles showed up as though something was actually there.
Looked at the layer controls (multiply/overlay etc) and nothing seems wrong there.
Checked the visibility box in the layers menu and none of the layers responded. The layers that are showing won't turn off.
Any ideas?
Nick

Postby Nick » March 17th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Hi Lee,

Create a copy of your document for the backup purpose.

In the Effects section, select the Fill check box and choose the Plain Color Fill option with a none transparent color.

Another thing to check, in the Layers panel select one layer after another (in the list) beginning from the top, and see what's selected in the Blending tool. For each layer, set Normal and see what happens.

If nothing helps, please send your document to support@belightsoft.com - with the link to this topic.

Nick
Lee

Postby Lee » March 17th, 2011, 12:51 pm

tried as suggested - no resolve. However, this time when the file opened up, the layers panel did switch off the viewable layers. The only ones that are not showing are the copied and pasted items. The layers are still there, but no images.
I'll send over the file as suggested.
BTW. MAC 10.4.11 (too old?)
Nick

Postby Nick » March 18th, 2011, 6:22 am

The images imported in your document are broken. The easiest way to fix this is to delete the empty layers and re-import these three images.

I've managed to repeat the problem on the computer with 10.4.11. If seems that imported PDFs are affected. Imported raster images remained in the document. So, for a workaround convert the images to the PNG or TIFF format and then import to Art Text.

We have "Mac OS 10.4.11 and higher" in the system requirements.

Nick
Lee

Postby Lee » March 18th, 2011, 7:20 am

thanks Nick - apart from this minor problem, I'm loving this software.

Return to “Art Text”