Art Text 2.app is damaged and can't be opened....

neuronsong

Postby neuronsong » January 16th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Delete "Art Text 2.app" and download it again from the App Store.

Just purchased this for $9.99 a few days ago. Downloading the app again does not fix the problem.

When I download the app from the belightsoft.com the app works just fine.

Please advise when a fix will be in place.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 17th, 2011, 3:59 am

Hi neuronsong,

If the application is downloaded incompletely, the only way to fix this is to re-download it.

Try also to delete the preferences file in case that the damaged application has written incorrect data in it. The path to this file in the user's Home is:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.ArtText2.plist

We did a test download of Art Text, and the application worked normally. The work of the App Store is under control of Apple. You can ask them for help.

Nick
neuronsong

Postby neuronsong » January 24th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Hey Nick,

I tried your suggestion with the pref file. No luck. I then trolled the Apple forums and this seems to be cropping up for a number of people. I tried the suggestions from the Apple forums as well (fix disk permissions, primarily) without luck.

This is probably due to my filesystem being formatted the following way:
Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)

I have other software that doesn't like my choice of filesystems either. Seems to be a recurring theme.

Hopefully Apple will have a fix for this soon otherwise I'll just have to reformat my hard disk to remove case sensitivity.

Cheers!
neuronsong
Nick

Postby Nick » January 25th, 2011, 4:36 am

Thanks for info!

We'll see if there is anything we can do to avoid this problem.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » January 25th, 2011, 6:29 am

neuronsong,

Could you send me the console log saved after an attempt to open Art Text? It can help us to understand what causes the problem.
Send the log to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this forum.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose File > Open Console Log. Then choose File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

As a temporary solution, you can use the standard Art Text in demo mode. It will let you start working on your projects. Later you will be able to edit and export the created documents in the App Store version of Art Text without the watermark created in demo mode.

The download link for the standard version:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/belightsoft/ArtText.dmg

Nick
neuronsong

Postby neuronsong » January 25th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hey Nick,

Yeah, I downloaded the demo first thing after I saw this problem to see if your app didn't want to run on my laptop. The demo runs fine.

Regarding the app from the app store...

The only thing it's popping up on the console is the following:

1/25/11 Jan 25 13:41:11 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[203] ([0x0-0x1bd1bd].com.belightsoft.ArtText2[32237]) Exited with exit code: 173
1/25/11 Jan 25 13:41:11 storeagent[32255] port created

I ran a dtrace to see if it was having trouble opening any certain file but it doesn't appear to be. This really doesn't appear to be a problem with Art Text 2. My bet is that the "storeagent" isn't doing a code signing check correctly. I really think it's my case sensitive filesystem. If storeagent generate a local file list for the app and my system hands back a case sensitive list things are not going to match up.

Here's a dtrace if you're interested. I've only included the last part of the output when the error message is popped up. There were no other errors in the tons of output this generates. Let me know if you want me to run it with different params.

sudo dtrace -s /dev/stdin
syscall::open*:entry
{
printf("%s %s", execname, copyinstr(arg0));
}
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry storeagent /Applications/Art Text 2.app
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry storeagent /Applications/Art Text 2.app/Contents
1 18561 open:entry storeagent /Applications/Art Text 2.app/Contents/Info.plist
1 18561 open:entry storeagent /.vol/234881026/22185634/storeagent/..namedfork/rsrc
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry storeagent /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry storeagent /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/store_helper.app/Contents/Resources
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources
1 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources/Info.plist
1 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/HIToolbox
1 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /Users/patrick/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources
1 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/Info.plist
1 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/SArtFile.bin
1 19347 open_nocancel:entry UserNotificatio /etc/localtime
0 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/store_helper.app/Contents/Resources/appStore.icns
0 18561 open:entry UserNotificatio /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/ArtFile.bin
1 18561 open:entry storeagent /Users/patrick/Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist
Nick

Postby Nick » January 26th, 2011, 6:27 am

Thanks for all details! You are right, the activation key generated by App Store cannot be found because of the file name problem. In the next update, we'll try to eliminate this problem.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”